1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LAKE:   Lake Austin
DATE: Sunday 21FEB10 3pm-6pm
WEATHER:  Warm & Clear, air temp: 73-75.  Winds: NW 5-10 mph
WATER CONDITION:  (Temps 55-56) Clear with a light silt stain due to increased traffic.

SUMMARY:
Didn't want to totally waste a beautiful day on chores so I took in a quick afternoon session on Lake Austin.  Got to the ramp as the ATX Club was coming in.  They had some nice fish come in that included an 11+ kicker.  Headed up stream and worked a couple grass lines and docks with a jig that managed to fool a few dinks into getting some lip piercings.  All the bites were solid and came in about 10-12 fow.

I came up to this one tree that had the remains of someones a wacky rigged Senko and about 7 foot of line.  It was within easy reach so I decided to do a little lake clean up and retrieve it.  On my very next cast I was rewarded with a decent chunk keeper around 2.5 lbs and a couple more.  Good deed rewarded, love it when that happens.  Called it a day and headed to the house.  Glad I was able to get out and enjoy the fine weather before it turns to crap, yet again.  

Tight Lines,  Rude    

A nice way to enjoy the day.

C.P.R.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Nice ones Rude, ya think that was dales senko.I saw a pic of him & his son at wed niter his boy had nice bass Dale had two great cats. ;D ;D

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey everyone, I made some mistakes on the original report.  It's been corrected.  
  • The day was Sunday not Saturday
  • The water temp was 55-56 not 48-51.
Corey, you should have pulled up and said hi..  Definitely a gorgeous day.  

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
We hit Austin for a few Sunday as well. First time on the lake since September.

We found water temps up to 61 but that was very late in the day.

Buddy caught a pretty 6lb 4oz with 7 fish boated total.

We'll be on this lake for the next few months.
:D

·
Registered
263 Posts
I hit LA as well yesterday, from roughly 9:30 - 12:30.  I stayed mainly around the 360 bridge...warmest water I saw was 61.  I stuck this in the muddiest water I fished (lipless cb), about 20 minutes before I had to leave...just over 5 lbs and 21"...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice Fish Rude. I was out there as well, hit the water about 7 am still a fine mist in the air and foggy. Sun came up around 10. water temp where I fished was 56. Only got one Dink in the boat and a few good bites that I missed. I could really use the help knocking that stinky skunk off my boat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.