Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 6:45 until about 1:30. It was the toughest day I have had on the water in a long time. Only managed 3 fish but they were all keepers. There definately wasnt any kind of pattern that I could find. Caught one in 3ft on a spinner bait but couldnt buy another bite. Then caught one in around 18ft on a dd-22 tried some deep cranking but couldnt buy another bite. Then caught one on a jig flippin docks and thought I had them nailed down but once again....i couldnt catch another fish. I think the fish are still real scattered and thrown off by the whole drawdown/refill. Probably could have finished out a limit with jigs but got tired of fightin the wind and wake boats.

· Registered
5,334 Posts
Dan, we saw you running around. We fished from 11-5 and managed 8 bass (all dinks) and one 4lb catfish. All the bass were caught on spinnerbaits except 2 that were caught on a grub. We caught most of our fish up in the creeks out away from the wind. Highlight of the day was watching the police tow a truck out of the water at Quinlan that had been there for 2 days. I'll post pics later. ;D

· Registered
95 Posts
Travis, thanks for including me when you say "we".. ;) In reality, Travis caught 7 & I caught 1, but I did get the big fish of the day (catfish) on a fire-tiger crankbait.. :p

It was a windy SOB out there, hence why we hit the up the creeks.. shouldnt be long til the bigger ones decide the same.

Two highlights of the day:
1 - Watching the truck get pulled out of the water
2 - Watching people load their boats that have no clue how to do it.. One guy had his trailer in so deep he just had to pull the boat up to the hook.. back tires of the vehicle were in the water.. then tried to pull it out with people stil in the boat and a 2 wheel drive.. quite funny.

Good times yesterday Travis, we'll do it again.

· Registered
1,789 Posts
I'm kind of glad to find out my friend and I weren't the only ones who had a tough day. Had the exact same kind of fishing y'all experienced yesterday. Couldn't get on a real pattern. We caught a bunch of dinks between "12-15 everywhere, from spinnerbaits to jigs to plastics to cranks in 2-12 ft. of water near creeks, around riprap, around flats/dropoffs. Was hoping to get just one good bite but that never materialized.

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys one more thing I wanted to add was there is still some junk in the water. I saw at least 5 BIG logs. Its not the ones I can see that bother me though, its the saturated ones sitting just under the surface. Be careful out there yall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.