Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with the kids for a couple hours. We wound up with a 2, 3.5, and a couple shorts. Water was a little off color, and 62-64 degrees!? I expected really cold with 14' Mansfield dam water. Cranks, and senko.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Brad, I think we've all been a little surprised with the water temps over there right now. Of course, thinking about it as I type this... isn't that why the bass go down deeper in the winter? Because it's actually warmer down deeper than the surface water is during the winter? So I guess it actually kind of makes sense that Austin is a little warmer... hmmm

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Thanks for the report. I was out for a few hours too and caught a bunch of unders and a 3lber that was 14 3/4", it didn't look right it was so fat. I couldn't believe how small some of the fish were that took my jig. I am not sure what they were thinking.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Was out on the lower end for about 3-4 hours on sunday afternoon/evening. Didn't check any of the creeks but all of the areas I fished had 58 deg water.

The wind blew and blew and blew... was hoping it'd cease by dark and then I'd get a hour or so of good fishing around dusk but by the time the sun set, the wind was still blowing hard so I packed it in.

Had a 4 and a 2 on a senko and one under.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.