Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we got blown off Decker yesterday afternoon so we went out to LA to get blown around. Man was it howling. Dropped at Quinlan and headed up towards Mansfield. Fished the grasslines with spinners and cranks. Too hard to fight the wind so we just drifted our way up to mansfield. Landed a 6.4 almost immediately (thought we were in for a heck of a day) several hours of hard fishing later and we'd only put 3 more in the boat and lost one. All in all I think we could have posted around 11-12 on the 4 fish. Not too bad but we really worked for them. Lakes been tough lately with the crystal clear water and changing weather conditions. I'm also posting pictures of a 6.7 I caught on my B-day three weeks ago that I never posted. I promise they are that big (I digied them) but my pictures don't do a lot of justice as I'm around 270 myself ;). I can't wait for the drawdown, Theres too much water in that lake ;D

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Very nice looking fish. Well worth fighting the wind for.

· Registered
2,404 Posts
Nice fish. :cool:

We were out on Sunday as well. Only managed 6 with a 4# and 3# and the rest under 15".

All were caught in the very back of coves, Bee and ACC, on jigs (we wanted to do some out-of-the-wind-fishing). All were in 3ft or less. :eek:

Water temps were a balmy 54-57.

· Registered
2,404 Posts
Drawdown.......

Is there any grass? Not like years past.

So I don't see them lowering te lake, which is a good thing. Maybe by next fall there will be grass throughout the lake again. Won't be thick but hopefully there will be some on the lower end.

· Registered
282 Posts
The draw down is fun but, it makes the fishing suck for the rest of the year. before the draw down last year i would go out on LA and catch countless numbers of fish, then they drew the lake down and i had fun catching monsters for a while. then they filled it back up and it just hasn't been the same. It's getting better now that some of the grass is coming back but it is nothing like it was before the last draw down. If it was up to me I'd say never draw down that sucker again.

Plus since they just stocked LA 13,000 sharelunker fingerlings they need to let the grass come back so those things can grow up and hopefully one will become a new state record. ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.