Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well thought this change in weather might stir the fish up some. Launched at 7:15 and headed north of Steiner Ranch. Picked up a dink on watermellon red/blk 5 inch senko t-rigged.

Moved down the shore and picked up one a little bigger on fat free shad cb.

Moved to opposite bank and caught this 13 incher on same watermellon red/blk senko next to a laydown.

That turned out to be biggest fish of the day unfortunately. Couple more dinks caught and off the water about 12:30.

· Registered
2,310 Posts
I will add my report here as well. Aggie Kim and I put in at Quinlan about 930ish this morning. Calm as I have ever seen it. No current, no wind. Water temp 68* from Steiner upriver to bluff walls. Staying in about 5-7' and throwing out toward middle of river, using a yellow/blue back/orange belly Norman 1-minus CB and a chart/white SB netted us 4 perch and 6 small bass. Perch were really eating the CB, taking the whole hook into their mouth. Kim had one that would have easily covered my hand. I got the prize for smallest fish...a mere 6" bass on the CB. Tried some deeper water with jigs, but no takers. Off the water by 1:30 with rain just starting.

Good to see Yung and his business assoc., Alan, and Waldrop as he "slowly" cruised by in the Bullet at about 80mph.  :p

Berzerker....was that you in the Alumacraft across from us?

· Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
7F504A51555C4A4A147714784C4A4D5057390 said:
I will add my report here as well. Aggie Kim and I put in at Quinlan about 930ish this morning. Calm as I have ever seen it. No current, no wind. Water temp 68* from Steiner upriver to bluff walls. Staying in about 5-7' and throwing out toward middle of river, using a yellow/blue back/orange belly Norman 1-minus CB and a chart/white SB netted us 4 perch and 6 small bass. Perch were really eating the CB, taking the whole hook into their mouth. Kim had one that would have easily covered my hand. I got the prize for smallest fish...a mere 6" bass on the CB. Tried some deeper water with jigs, but no takers. Off the water by 1:30 with rain just starting.

Good to see Yung and his business assoc., Alan, and Waldrop as he "slowly" cruised by in the Bullet at about 80mph.  :p

Berzerker....was that you in the Alumacraft across from us?

I was in the blue/white promaster center console. I forgot to mention I had 3 perch hookups on the med diving cb I was using. All came off at the boat.

There is so much grass seems like the bass have all the cover they need and are hard to get to the bigger ones. Any tips on roosting them out of there are appreciated. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.