Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped in with my buddy Steve at 360 right at 4PM and fished until dark.  Made the run up north, towards the Quinlan area and fished bluff walls (not "the bluffs") throwing a senko with 1/16th ounce Tungsten, Rage craw on the same set up and 3/8 to 1/2 ounce Booyah spinnerbaits.

Steve hooked a nice one, weighing in right at 6.2 on the Xtools and I had a 4.3 on the booyah.  We both had a few dink keepers, best 5 would have been 14 pounds or so.

Boat traffic is halted to standstill.  Saw one other wake board boat and a few pleasure run abouts and that was it.  Had a few other bass boats out there we waved to, think I saw Fishing_Steeler in his Skeeter.

What an enjoyable day, light boat traffic, cool weather and a few nice fish made it a very cool 3 hours of fishing.

Steve still has the blue 'gill touch, managing to get one hooked through the mouth on a 1/2 ounce blade takes talent! :)

I will post up pics later tonight when I get them off my camera.  

6.2, very beat up fish...I don't think she had a dorsal fin...strange

My 4 and change...

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thanks for the report Tdub. Good to know they are hitting up there and apparently the bluff walls are starting to produce. Haven't been able to get much off of them with the pressure, but now the pressure has stopped we'll see if they will actually come out and eat. Nice rig details! Looking forward to seeing the 6.2.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make no mistake, I still can't fish that 4lber had my drag a singin' on my Zebco 22 and snoopy rod :)  

I was there to catch the big 'gills with my earthworms and bobber...those green fish just get in the way.

Steve, still sorry about all that dirt I spilled on your carpet from my wormbucket.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We were fishing our own charter event of the "Texas Bluegill Tuesday nighter " and we brought that sack to the scales. We won!

1st place prize consisted of a crisp kick to the nuts and a few beers under 360 after it was all over. Ironically, the exact same results of the Wednesday nighters I used to fish :p ;D

BC

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
That looks like a snoopy rod fish, I bet that reel had to be burning with what, maybe a 2:1 ratio.  :)

On a serious note, both are very good lookin' fish bro. Any more scuffs to that 6 pounder and I would start wondering if she came from Choke, a very solid fish.

That begs the question, I wonder if Gar do that to them or it's them rubbing up against cover. My first thought is the later, but still makes you wonder how that happens.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Look closer, I believe the scuffs are actually dirt from the boat deck, but that 6 pounder looks to have a warped tail end. If they are scuffs my guess would be all the bearded clams and pink snappers that have been infesting LA recently. Nice fish guys. Wish someone would invite me to fish LA...

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Some good lookin fish Dub.

I remember back in '06 when you first moved down here and I was still fishing out of the Mastercraft in between wakeboard sets.

First time we hooked up on Austin you asked me if I knew where some docks were on the lake - lol!

Good times back then my friend, almost brings a tear to my eye typing this.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I remember those early trips Andy..."find the docks and the grass and you will find fish"...Back then it was 18 miles + of docks and grass :)

Thanks guys, wish I could get out there more!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.