·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water temp midlake: 72-73*
Air temp: low 70's
Weather: gusty winds, partly/mostly cloudy
Water clarity: slightly off color

Put in for a few hours just to clear the mind. (11a-2p) Started out old school by throwing a Beetle Spin over submerged grass near docks. Figured a different profile/blade might be the ticket. Wrong! Ended up throwing a wacky rig most of the time in 3-8' and around boat slips. Picked up 2 shorties and had a couple other bites.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
I'll be on a backseat out there Sunday, looking forward to it. Haven't fished in 2 weeks, I'm going through withdraws. With the air temp going up and down so frequently, hopefully it keeps a lot of the wakes fishing boats. With Travis on the rise that should help too.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I went out to Quinlan today 10/27, noon 'til 3:15. Tried H2O swimbait - nada, Yellow Magic popper over grass - nada, TR Lake Fork watermelon worm - 1 8" dink, Rebel Deep Wee-R - nada, 4" Senko wacky - nada.

At 2pm I went to my go-to rig, weightless TR 5" Senko... okay, got a 2lb.er on pearl/silver flake, then another 2lb. on watermelon/white laminate, then a very feisty bluegill on watermelon/white.

1 other boat trailer at Quinlan, couple guys in Skeeters on the water, no skiers, one or two runabouts making wakes. And a Game Warden who waved "hey" as he passed me on by.

Off lake at 3:15

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Fishless
I have 5 of 'em. Two of the big ones and three small ones. I really like their action, they flutter even when falling. But I've yet to catch a fish on one. I've been running them parallel to grass lines, letting them sink to the bottom, then slow rolling them up.

Like I said, I've not pulled anything from the depths with one, but they certainly compare, looks-wise, with baits costing much more $$.

So until a bass hits one, the only thing they've caught out of my boat is a fisherman... me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.