1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air temp: mid 60's, blue bird sky, 2nd day post frontal
Wind: breezy to gusty
Water temp: 360 to Hula hut: 70-73*
Water clarity: stained, off colored

12:00 to 3:30 pm today. Fished from 360 down to Hula Hut, hitting mouths of creeks, shallow grasses, laydowns in Bull Crk, and wind blown walls. Throwing Bomber 1-minus CB in chart/blue, Sebile lipless crank, and wtrmln/red wacky worm rig. Caught one short fish in <2' off a dock piling on plastic. One tap in grass at Hula Hut, swing and a miss. Saw loads of baitfish down by the condos, those just upriver from police station.

Think my problem today was that I was trying to force feed them a CB. The Sebile lure was very close in length to the bait fish I saw, so I tried to throw it mostly. I found myself coming back to the CB though most often, which hurt me. Live and learn.

http://www.sebileusa.com/p_flatt.html this is the Sebile lure I was throwing. Hopefully link works, otherwise, look it up. :p

PS....tuna season still in session. Saw a few flaunting their stuff today. ;D

· Registered
1,789 Posts
A friend and I also got out this morning and fished from 360 to a few miles past city park... and fishing was as slow for us as it was for you. My friend had three small ones, all on plastics and I had a small spot on a jig. Got off the water a little past noon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.