Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had expected to miss out today; I was supposed to be stuck on chores all day. My wife ended up going to the farmers market with a friend of her's springing me for a short kitchen pass (7:00 - 10:00). I launched at Quinlan and stayed on the North end. The lake has a lot of loose hydrilla floating in areas but otherwise the conditions were pretty good. I was pretty much looking for big bites with larger baits. I had some short strikes and thought it was small fish until I had a decent swirl on a bait. Finally got 1 fish, that went exactly 5 lbs. Picture below, the picture does not do her justice as she was really fat and short. I didn't think she was long enough to go 5 lbs but I weighed her on an accurate scale. Got to love those LA fatties. I had other followers including a 3-5 lber that saw me at the same time I saw her and she just as she was inhaling my bait into her mouth. She turned and waved, she had a 2 lber with her. At least I found some to go back and try again later for. Saw quite a few boats out there; we should have some great reports.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice chunk... I'm ready to hit it next weekend. I was driving around up north last friday and there was alot of debris floating in the water. I did notice all the grass up north. Might try it out again next weekend.

Thanks for the report.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.