Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Lake Austin this evening for a few hours. Even though I'm not fishing the tournament this Saturday, I don't want to spill info that others might be upset with because it's their pattern for game day. I was able to put a small limit together with a total of 89".

Found one bait/location/technique that caught smaller fish and found another that caught bigger fish. All of the fish were FAT and happy!

I will give 1 small tip. The bite was very light. The first few hits I had, I assumed it was a rock or grass.......AND it wasn't. Had I actually set the hook, I might have had 4-5 more fish in the boat. I also had one come unbuttoned on the side of the boat....Looked to be 4-5lbs.

I had to get off the water earlier then I wanted because it was already 36* outside and I was just in bluejeans and a hoodie.

Here are 3 of the fish:

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Nice group of fish there Chris, sounds like you had a real good trip. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Nice catch Chris, those are some healthy looking fish.  I was out Tuesday - the bite was slow and I only caught three, biggest around 17".
DTodd62, the KATS kayak tournament is being held on LA this Saturday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.