Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time:10AM - 4PM
Weather: Temp started in the mid 60's and finished in the 70's, overcast all day.
Winds: Up and down from 5-15 consistently (perfect weather).
Water Conditions: Clear to 6 ft.

Fished will Billbass today, started north and worked our way south as usual. I have never seen Lake Austin so quiet, it was incredible, pretty much had the lake to ourselves all day for the most part.

Boated 11 fish total, mostly in deep grass 10-12 FOW on Senko's. Roughly 6-7 of the fish caught were 14-15 inches, a mix of those had a decent gut to them (spawning approaching it seems :)). The last fish was caught just south of Common's Ford Park on a X-Caliber Zellpop Z-Shad color (best fish of the day 2.5 lbs. 17" long).

The numbers were much better than I originally anticipated, still looking for a pig, but catching fish in general still made for a great day. All fish were released and healthy.

Also saw James (TTZ) out there near the end of the trip, lookin' for another 7+. I hear tomorrow's weather is suppose to be just as nice, too bad I won't be out.

· Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't even bother with with fish finder out there that day, I should have plugged it in but figured ahh lets just fish. If I can get out there anytime in the near future I'll plug it in and let ya know Rude.

· Registered
157 Posts
Rude, I fished Thurs from 7am-12:30pm, Water Temp was 52.5 around M.Dells Dock, Clear Blue sky's made for one tough day, had one bite, one fish, She went between 7-8lbs caught an a shakey head in 8-10 fow, Didn't get an accurate weight due to X-tool Scale battery was dead. She was a healthy and fat fish. Didn't look to have eggs yet so would make a heck of a nice bed fish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.