Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched out at QP yesterday morning and fished for a few hours. Managed to find a few fish. Caught 2 on a jig (1) 5.5lb spot and a 3lb LMB. I also hooked two on a Swim Bait got the first one in and it weighed 6lbs and lost another when it jumped (5-7lbs). Ive had better days but not recently.

· Registered
500 Posts
5.5lb spot? Nice! If it was either a Guadalupe or true Kentucky spot, that would have been a lake record. Or were you talking about catching it on a spot remover jig? :eek: Sounds like you are disappointed for having a decent day in just a few hours. ??? I'd take that fun anytime. 8)

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like you are disappointed for having a decent day in just a few hours.
Didn't mean it that way. More like been a little disapointed in my other trips recently. I was quite pleased with this trip.

5.5lb spot? Nice! If it was either a Guadalupe or true Kentucky spot, that would have been a lake record. Or were you talking about catching it on a spot remover jig?
I looked at the TPWD web site for pictures and discriptions of bass and it looked most like a Guadalupe. I had it in the livewell so I could take a pictures later and put the 6lber in there as well. They looked like totaly different species. I never think records. Not that it wouldn't have been nice. I do have pics from my disposable camera. Hope they turn out. Not spot remover it was caught on a Black Angel jig.

G

·
i made it out today from around 1 pm till 4 pm... stuck 8 and all of them were between 3 and 4 1/2 or so... dark clouds in the distance and the boarders sent me packing!

Most of them were twins to this girl.  All caught on one of my homemade stick baits!   ;D

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, misdiagnosis mine or should I say identification. Got the pictures and I must have just imagined the markings being different. Time to shut up and fish.

· Registered
105 Posts
Nice fish. Went out for a couple of hours and grabbed a few on Topwater with the biggest being a 4lber that looked like he had a prop rake his backside at some point in his life.

Been real quiet lately due to lost fish that have had me fuming. Missed my biggest fish ever hooked from what I could tell yesterday morning. She busted a topwater popper, ripped out about 20ft of drag and then she came unhooked.

Figured it was a bad hookset until I noticed 3 of the 6 hooks on the two trebles were bent straight. I guess she leveraged it somehow even with the drag playing out.

I'll just keep on trying and hopefully I want fall in the water pitching a "Big Boy Fit". ;D

Weemo

· Registered
111 Posts
Nice Job Collector on sticking 8 LA hotties.....like you last year, I'm experimenting now with making my own Jigs. Have you converted over to making all your own tackle now? Seems a lot more affordable and you can make what you really want.

· Registered
428 Posts
If you have any question if your fish is a guad, check his tongue. he will have a 1/4 sand paper feeling spot in the middle. I am not sure if that is the case for a spotted bass as well. Anyone know on a spot?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.