Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Lake Austin Saturday morning; 7 'til 10:30.

Water Temp - 69-64 (Quinlan - Bluffs)
Weather - Partly Cloudy, Hot
H2O Appearance - Stained green
Visibility - 3' maybe

My Bro-N-Law's were in town so I took 'em out to LA to try and find a few fish. Only had a few hours to kill and couldn't get outta bed any earlier due to hangover(s). Note to ABF members; don't leave a pair of tackle boxes on the rear deck of your boat when trailering your boat 30 miles and reaching speeds of 70 mph..... If anyone finds a tackle box or two on 3405 (Georgetown), 183A, 620, or Quinlan Park Road, you are welcome!

Anyway, we boated 12 fish; 5 keeps going 12 pounds. Nothing on Swimbait, Spinnerbait, or frog. All fish caught on Watermelon-Green WW. Best 5 would have gone 12lbs or so. Biggest fish, 4 lbs.....

Captain Wurm

Bro-n-Law#1

Bro-n-Law #2

These guys don't get to fish much, so I always enjoy having them get some slime on their hands. Of course, having the biggest fish is just as important (family bragging rights)

Lots, lots, and lots of boats on the water. Did run into Weemo around 7 a.m. Nice to meet you. I'll slap those pics up under your report right now.

Take care,

Wurm

·
Registered
195 Posts
Great job, Sounds about like my trip out saturday morning. Went from 6-9 am and caught 12 fish with only 2-3 keepers, biggest being 3-4 pounds all caught on a wacky worm. Fished south of 360 on reeds. Had a great time.

Sorry to hear that about your tackle boxes. One time my worm bag (aprox. $150 worth of soft plastics) flew off the back deck of the boat while going 60 on the water. 2 days later a nice man called me and had found it washed up on shore. Luckily i always put my name and phone number on my tackle bags and boxes. Boy was i happy to get that phone call. suprisingly, nothing was to ruined, just wet wet wet.

bobby

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice fish Wurm. Looks like you guys were able to get on some despite the late start and short time frame.

It was nice to meet you and thanks for taking and posting the pics.

Weemo

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BassCat_200 said:
I live off of 3405 so ill keep an eye out for ya.
Thanks, Basscat.  We got a phone call from someone who found one of the tackle bags (father-n-law's).  Had his name and number in it.  

The other bag had my Bro-n-law's fishing license in it.  Maybe the person who picked it up will be able to look him up in Houston.

I don't think the missing bag had anything of value in it.  Mostly plastics and some rattle traps.  Would still like to get ahold of it if it turns up.

Thanks,

Wurm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.