Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my buddy has been fishing all his life and got me into it in the last 2-3 months. We've been fishing LMB at LBL, Fayette and Bastrop. We've had most of our luck at LBL catching several 2-4 lbs, but have also been skunked a time or 2. I have "out-fished" the veteran with the Zoom 6" Lizard Watermelon Chartreuse. I've fished it slow with a 1 reel, 2 twitch pattern and also swimming it mid-water and have had luck both ways.

I started out with a 2lbs and then quickly caught a 3.2lbs setting my PB within 2 months of starting. I was hooked. I've been reading everything I can and learning as much as possible. =)

Then Sun night we hit up Lake Austin for the first time. We put in at Hula Hut and cruised up to Emma Long. 7:45pm, 3rd cast on the lizard and I'm swimming it back slowly. It's shallow enough and close enough to the boat where I can see it and all of a sudden there is a HUGE fish right on it's tail. It hit it hard, about 3 feet away from the boat and then dove hard. It then ran on me across the back of the boat over and back. It never jumped, but gave me several runs. My heart was pumping and my adrenaline was going. I finally tired it out and got it to the boat. I pulled it out and started laughing, giggling from excitement. The fish was big. Big for me at least. I had to use 2 hands to get a good grip on it. 6.4lbs, a new PB! ;D ;D ;D

We fished till 11:30pm, but caught nothing else...

As if I wasn't "hooked" already getting this toad has done me in. I've got bass fever...help!!! ;)

Tried to include photos in the post, but don't have permission the way I was doing it from my flickr account...

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Congrats on your new PB. It just gets more fun from here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
5D1C171C1F1A2F0 said:
Nice catch Buddha.   Were you working the grass lines there?
Yep, worked it and the docks all across from Emma Long. Once the boat traffic died down it was beautiful out there. If it hadn't been fir work the next day we would have stayed out.

My buddy was working the beds with a frog, but had no luck. I tried a finesse, a senko, and a jig (w/ weed guard) and had no luck with those. I'm still figuring out the jig thing.

I released that 6.4lber out there. Someone elses turn to wrastle with it... :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.