Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished LA Sunday morning with Wes; 6:30-11 a.m.

Water Temp - 64-70
Water Visibility - Stained, visible to 5'
Weather - Partly Cloudy, little wind

Put in at Quinlan and hit the grass first thing.  Put two keepers in the boat real quick (topwater, swimbait). Floated the docks uplake of Quinlan and stuck this pig with Watermelon Green WW

Scale said 6lbs....  23" long

Ran into Swimbait and partner.  Sounded like they had caugt some early morning bass....  

Hit the usual Bluffs, Banks, and Docks up-lake of Quinlan; put 12 in the boat, 8 keeps.  Best 5 would have gone 16lbs or so.  All but four caught on WW.  2 on Swimbait, one on TW, one on Shakey Head.  Couldn't get bit on the frog....again!

One more swimbait fish

All in all, a good day on the water.  

Take care,

Wurm

·
Registered
106 Posts
Fished the lower end from 6:00 to 9:30. Hit all new areas for me as part of an experiment.

Caught 12 with only 4 keepers at around 2 to 2-1/2. Half Topwater other Half TR LFT Ring or GBRS. Will be going back up past QP next week.

Dinkies ruled me.

Weemo

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Congratulations...good looking fish. I fished from 6AM til noon and only caught one 12"er dink, but was a beautiful morning on the water. Should have gone further up the lake from Quinlan park....stayed pretty close. Didn't know if this was an ABFer or not that I took a photo of at around 6:30.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ghphotography said:
Didn't know if this was an ABFer or not that I took a photo of at around 6:30.
That's Swimbait.  We were actually in the fog bank (on the other side of 'em) when you took that pic.

Were you fishing outta the Pelican Boat? We were in the White/Blu Skeeter, 150 VMAX. I believe we talked to you on the water.

Wurm

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
wes said:
tim thinks for the invite to go fishing sunday morning I had a good time.    Tim caught all the better fish Sunday am, my job was net boy.   Looking forward to the next trip out there.
Don't forget camera guy too. ;D Glad someone caught some fish this weekend.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Nice fish...........

Good snap shots of the lake as well.

I don't understand this lake at all. I want too, but it can sure get to me some times. Every now and then I can get on a good pattern, but for the most, this lake stumps me. And when I am on this lake, I get just enough action to keep me on the water in search for a better bite.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Real nice fish WW. Good pictures too... You almost cracked a smile there in the first picture.

Stickapig - Nice meeting you Saturday, I'm in that alum. 25 hp.

I managed 4 small ones, 2 just over and 2 unders. A little less crowded then Saturday.

tight lines...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bowman said:
Nice fish there Timmy. Did Turner convince you that shaving your head would make your fish look bigger? ;D

Bowman
The_Bass_Man said:
Nice report and nice fish....

I have a question, Where did your hair go Tim?

Chris
One must make sacrifices to the LA Fish Gods to sustain a good bite. May have to take it down to the scalp to hit the 8lb mark...... 8)

Wurm

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.