Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with Aggie this morning. Got a little late start, but on the water at daybreak. Fished from underwater lights down to the dam, targeting reeds, docks, and rocks. Throwing mostly CB, topwater and WW plastics. Highlight of the day was Kim catching her personal best on the other side of the dock where I caught my PB yesterday. Weighed in at 4# 11oz and healthy. The only other keeper we had was about 2.5#. Caught and missed several other small ones as well. Second highlight was catching a Rio Cichlid, which I hadnt done in more than a year. Off the water at 1030a. Water temps in mid 70's throughout.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I use to catch these all day long on Town Lake back in the day.
I had never caught another for a long long time. Just last year I caught three, and all three were caught off different bodies of water. Cool looking fish.........

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
The Rios are related to several tropical fish. They are the only native Cichlid to our waters. Although they are closely related to the Peacock Bass and Talapia. However they are of no relation to the sunfish family.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.