Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we finally had a chance to take out the champion since bringing it home a week ago.  We were on the water by 6:45, launched at 360 and went up towards city park.  

We spent most of the time learning the in's and  out's of the boat, electronics, trim to rpm's, livewells, etc.  We did manage to get on a few fish just below Selma Hughes park up against the rock ledges.  We saw some 5-6lb'ers swimming around but could not get them to bite.  

Finally my son grabbed old faithful, chrome/blue back rat-l-trap and pulled one in.  After that I pulled out something I learned from a guide up at lake fork a few years back and managed this nice 3lb'er(according to xtools) from the same area.  Caught it on a weightless Zoom bubble gum trick worm, fished somewhat like a jerkbait giving it a snake like action(we had just seen a snake cruise by, which is why I got the idea.)

Overall a great day learning our new boat and still had some time to reel in a couple.  Here are some pics...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.