·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather - Partly Cloudy, 70's
Wind - Calm in the a.m., blowing to 15 mph around 11
Water Temp - 64 above Quinlan Park, 70 at City Park
Water Appearance - Stained, visibility to 4'

Partner and I fished from 7:30 til 11:30.  Fished the bluffs, down to Ski Shores.  Caught 15 LMB total, 5 keepers for 13 lbs.  Fish were caught in 2 to 8 FOW.  Partner had the best fish at 4 lbs.

We caught 'em steady on the Wacky Worm.  Both WatermelonGrn Senko, and Creme Scoundrel in Purple.

Also saw a bunch of snakes.  I believe this was a 5-6' Rat Snake crossing the lake.

Wrapped up the morning with a Border Burger at Ski Shores.  Met Shimano Man and partner  ;) on the water.  War Eagle!

Good times as always on Lake Austin!

Wurm

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
What a nice swim bait...should have used him for bait..

Nice pics and report!

I have been seeing a lot of water snakes lately. One tried to enter the back of my bass boat, on Travis...Friday evening. I guess he was smelling the minnows that were in the bucket..Be carefull. We were thinking of what we were going to do if he came aboard. Even water snakes can be aggressive. We were dock fishing and they like to hang out under the floatation foam or between the floor and the foam. Then come out if you are close by.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey now, I think you guys are just tryin' to freak me out. LOL  ;)

I'm gonna have to buy me a .38.
I can just hear y'all now...

*BANG*

"What's that?"

*BANG*  *BANG*

"Oh, that's just Fishmonger chuckin' swim baits in the next cove and thinning out the snake population."

*BANG*

;D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Lake Austin is a tough lake to figure out. We hit about the same spots the next morning, with the same baits, in the same conditions. However, we didn't find 'em where they were the day before. These fish definitely move around. We saw a lot of fish cruising the shallows. Don't be afraid to fish shallow.

Wurm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.