Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished - 7 'til noon
Location - 360 to Hula Hut
Water Temp at: HH - 66,  360 Bridge - 63
Water Color - Stained Green
Wind - <10mph

Day did not start well.  Nearly got spooled by something very large.  I liken it to a "Bull Redfish-Run".  I was fishing wacky, line started moving, I set the hook, and whatever it was never looked back.  I'd say it stripped out 25' of line, paused, I held tension, got on the TM, then it stripped out another 25' of line.  Then, the hook came free.....  Never had this happen before in Freshwater.  Best guess is, I foul-hooked a carp.  That's what I'm telling myself anyway.   :-/

We ended up with 15 or so fish.  6 keeps (all released).  Uncle Allen had the biggest fish at 3.5-4lbs, est.

We caught a few on WW, nothing on SB, a few on TX-Rig, a few on the jig, and the majority on a small Crankbait.  Some sort of Shad Patten my uncle uses on Decker.  He was doubling me up until I started throwing the same thing.  That pattern died and we ended with a few more on the WtrmlnGrn Senko-wacky rigged.

Still no aquatic vegetation anywhere. Saw some fish on beds.  Caught majority of fish on dropoffs, not hanging off docks or against the reeds.  No boat traffic to speak of.  Didn't talk to any other fishermen on the water.

Wurm

·
Registered
587 Posts
There weren't any red flags with a diagonal white stripe through it, were there? :p

Good day out there too, I'm sure most folks familiar with the lake have also caught good fish from the area you took that pic. I love those reeds and row of docks. They produce a fish everyday for someone, and good chunks too.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
btsmbass said:
Good day out there too, I'm sure most folks familiar with the lake have also caught good fish from the area you took that pic. I love those reeds and row of docks. They produce a fish everyday for someone, and good chunks too.
Those docks and reed bed are tricky.  Always catch fish there on the weekends; however, Weds night rolls around, and they vanish...... :-/

But that's fishin',

Wurm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.