Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Lake Austin today with Bowman; 7 - 10:30 a.m.

Only boated 4 dinks.

Put in at 360. Fished reeds, docks, rock piles, and creek channels around the 360-City Park area. Hit the slalom course also.

Threw WW, Jig, Spinner Bait, Rattle Trap..... nothing seemed to work.

My guess is the "High-pressure, Bluebird Sky" locked 'em up.

Met Shlunker at the ramp. Met Forkfeller at the slalom course. Nice to meet y'all.

We talked to three boats while on the water and putting the boat on the trailer. None of the three had put a fish in the boat. :(

Water Temp 60-62.
Stained Green
Weather - Clear Skies, minimum wind, High Pressure

Tough fishing; beautiful day on the water. Ended up at the house boiling 80 lbs of Crawfish! Not a bad day. ;D

Wurm

· Registered
141 Posts
Yep,
Eatin' them bugs and having a good time w/ friends this evening took a little sting from the beating LA put on us.
And Tim, the next time I think about giving up beer for lent, do me a favor and punch me in the mouth.

Bo

· Registered
993 Posts
80# holy crap :eek: Now I'm jealous. I hit the bank on LA today for an hour and saw some a lot of bed fish; caught 6 or 7, all between 1 and 3 lbs, quality fish. Best hour of bank fishing on LA I've had. All fish were caught in less than 3 ft sight fishing beds. Did see 1 big girl around 5lbs but couldn't get her to bite. Oh well the cool thing about spawn is I know she'll be there when I go back.

LH

· Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forkfellar,

Didn't find water any warmer than 65. We went house shopping after we saw you at the slalom course. I mean, Bowman sat in the bottom of the boat eating Deer Stix while I trolled up and down the bulkheads of the Shacks near where (Mack Brown) used to live. What's the name of that area/subdivision anyway? It's got a couple of entrances. Some bridges, and some BIG HOUSES! Looked kinda fishy. It's on the right side of the lake headed toward 360 from the Hula Hut.....

Hopedale,

We got the crawfish at Sambets' on 183 and McNeil. They were $2.85/lb. Quality Seafood has 'em for $2.99/lb.

They were Med/Large in size. I would recommend giving them a try.

Bowman is headed to Orange to boil up a couple hundred lbs of Mud Bugs (******* Easter?) this weekend. Looking to have another boil in April.... Can't get enough of those buggers!!!! ;D

Wurm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.