Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Lake Austin thie morning with HHJ; 7-11:30. We fished mid-lake to lower end. Water temps 64-66. Water is clear.

Managed a dozen LMB on soft plastics. Only 3 keepers, largest 2lbs.

Tough morning for me. I had 4, HHJ had the balance.

Saw several females cruising the shallows. I believe we only caught one female out of the dozen we boated today.

Wind got going around 11:30, so we called it a day and retired to the Hula Hut to meet up with the fam'. Margaritas, longnecks, and fish tacos for lunch!

Nice morning overall :cool:

Wurm

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was a bit worried myself. I'm just now logging on and figured I'd see a couple LA posts already; we saw quite a few boats on the water today.

It was either tough for them as well, or everyone's keeping hush-hush for the TTZ Wednesday Nighter next week.

Wurm

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Thanks for the report...

There was a bass tournament on Lake Austin on Saturday.
-University of Texas Bass Team Inter Squad Tournament on Lake Austin - March 7th

There is a local club tournament today, Sunday.
-ATX Bassmasters on Lake Austin on March 8th, 2009

I doubt you will see any reports with club and TTZ tournaments. IMO.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
17 hours on the water!!!!!

We had our tournament yesterday morning and the fishing was ok. Our boat won with a small limit around 9 pounds :-/. I caught four keepers and 8-10 dinks. All my fish were caught on shakey head and small plastics. That seemed to be the pattern yesterday, small and slow. After the tourney, we ate at ski shores and I met an out of town friend at 360. We continued to throw shakey head for the the remainder of daylight with some success. I boated 3 more keepers (1 spot) with the biggest being 2.5 lbs. After dark I decided to try a new pattern and it really payed off (sorry can't give this one up haha), picked up two 4's and a 3 (our only 3 fish after dark). Got off the water at midnight. 7am-12am on the water with one meal haha. I am pretty sure my girlfriend is dumping me hahaaa. She will be very disappointed if she makes me choose between fishing and her ;D. So for the long day my personal best five was 15-16 lbs, possibly my biggest personal sack ever.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Lurp hooked up with a 8-10 pound fish twice!! it shook the hook both times. we saw it both times and we are pretty sure it is the same fish that Bobby broke off on Friday, considering it was in the exact same spot. We have given this lunker the nickname snaggletooth hahaaa and I am headed straight for her next time I get out.

HHJ and Wacky, I think we saw you guys a couple times. We were the boat with 5 people haha, one of our boaters was a no-show.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Charlie. I had a real fun day on the water during the ATX tournament. It started with not having time to pre-fish and then forgetting to set my clocks forward Saturday night since I was sleep deprived from Bass Champs on Belton. After a late start I headed south and tried to get an early shallow reaction bite going without a sniffl. Then started flipping reeds and caught my first small keeper on a heavy t-rig beaver. I picked up another small keeper flipping a senko in the reeds as well as a few more small fish. A senko up under the back walkway in a marina yielded my first good fish. Went back to flipping reeds with no luck. Decided to throw a jig around rocks and picked up my big fish of the day, six pounds, and lost another. I decided to try to duplicate the jig in the rocks pattern in other spots and it worked. The jig rod stayed in my hand the rest of the day catching a total of about 12 keepers and culling fish close to three pounds by the end of the day. The bite slowed a bit later in the day when the wind died down and the sun came out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I am new here to the site but glad I found it. My buddy and I are planning a trip to fish on lake Austin this coming Monday, 3/16. We are from Houston and have fish area resevoirs here trying to find something to mount on the wall. I have read how some are fairing better than others but wanted to ask if anyone feels as though with us fishing on Monday and at this time of year, is there a possibility of a 7+ pound fish or more being picked up right now on Lake Austin? Don't want any secret spots or anything, just trying to figure out what to expect. Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
jhookem..

Anything is possible on L.A. You never know what you are gonna get.

Like the time we had a night fishing tournament and a wake board boat went by around 1 am and just as they did so they spotlighted the Naked Chic on the wake board being towed behind the boat. :eek:

Good Luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.