Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Administrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Drawdown today with Kent. Got on the water about 10am, ate burgers at Ski Shores at 1. That was the highlight for the morning. Got on a bite in the afternoon. Best 5 was 32.5lbs with a 9lb10oz fish that was 27.25 inches long with no belly. Kent stuck and 8, we had an number of 5's and 6's.

Best 5 all species was 42lbs.....anchored by these two

8lb grass carp

10.5lb gasper

· Registered
399 Posts
Fished with Huntinallday from about 8am till 12 noon north of city park.  Threw mostly crankbaits around the rocks and any structure we could find.  Was a day of odd events including Huntinallday hooking into a 17lb catfish and us thinking he had a new LA record until we realized no bass has that much fight in them and then we became suspicious ;D .  At around noon we were heading back to city park to pack it in for the day and we made one last stop.  We each took about 5 casts and then decided it was time to call it a day, so we took our "Official last cast" and Huntin hooked into a solid 6lb'er that was a fiesty fellow who put on quite an air show.  I had a great time out there today and pulled in a couple of nice fish, not to mention Huntin's dinner for the next week  ;D.  Our only four bass were 6lb, 4.5lb, 2.5lb and 1.5lb and not much compared to you guys.  Guess we should have stayed out for the afternoon!  Good job guys.

· Administrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Carp went back in the water, as they are PROTECTED on LA. I didn't want to deal with any fines from some FOLA person with binoculars and a video camera. ;D

Any other body of water that does not have legal carp permit, requires you to gut the fish immediately.

· Registered
428 Posts
The wife and I fished City park from 5:00 pmish til dark. Caught. I only hooked one 5lb, and my wife caught 3. 2 dinks, and one that was around 6.

I caught mine on a silver black crank that dives to 20'. The thing was digging in the mud the whole time. I have caught bass that way, but it seemed like a little too much to me. Is that how you guys are fishing the big cranks?
All The wifes fish came on a large Thin Fin. Those are hard to come by these days, but area great shad imitator.
Intresting to note that that thing only makes it down 6' or so. That is a big siference form the grande cranks that everyone has been tossing.
I only say one other Yak. Must have been a football game or something. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.