Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DATE/TIME:    Sunday 20APR08 6:45am-2pm
WEATHER:      Cloudy skies, cool air temps in the upper 60's down to low 70's.  Winds were light to moderate, variable to about 8-12mph out of the southeast.  
WATER TEMP: 62-63 in Cypress Creek
VISIBILITY:   15-20 feet  (The water is ultra clear with a nice green tint on the main lake from just about every area I visited between the lower basin to Point Venture.)

SUMMARY:
Took a break from practicing for upcoming FOM Belton Tourney by taking a friend fishing on Lake Travis.  It was his first time fishing in about 12 years.  I heard some dock talk that the previous day was fairly slow and hoped that I could put him on some fish and make it a good fishing trip.   Fortunately for us the bite was very constant and consistent.  We both had a limit of keepers with plenty of travis specials mixed in.  Best 5 fish probably went around 12lbs.

We fish main lake bluffs and points using finesse worms with a slow initial soak then twitch drag twitch presentation.  The bites were either strong taps or a gulp and the line swims away.  

Had a really good time just out fun fishing and re-introducing someone to the joys of fishing.  I had a few interesting bass that need some minor medical care, hence the animal ER reference in the subject discription.  You'll see in the pictures below..

Tight Lines,  Rude.

PS:  
-good seeing you out there Dahorns... hope you got into them
-Sorry I missed you out there Charlie.  Didn't know you were out.
-I think Tx-hawgs was out there with some clients

Some Travis keepers

Another Bass with color pigmentation (Like HHJ's fish)

========Animal ER=======

• 2 deep gullet hooks removed on one fish.  
        Mine and a previous hook..  (no pics)
  • fizzing/venting some fish (pics)
  • worms worms worms, ewww  (pics)
*Some patients needing some venting
I'll post more about the through the gullet procedure in the tips and tricks section
-->click here to go there now<---

*A patient with a parasitic worm draging out it's rear end... Ewww..  The worm was trying to go back in but I removed it or at least part of it with some forceps...  Nasty...   :-X :-X

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
Though I can't see the pics while at work (Photobucket is blocked), I doubt I would want to see them after the disturbing "Rat in my A/C" episode" :-X :eek: :-X

Glad you had a good da on LT.

kp

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Rude,

That is pretty nasty! :eek:

But way to be so prepared to do what it takes.

Hopefully, I never have this problem, but if so, now know who to call ;D ;D

EA

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Fishless-N-Austin said:
So are you saying next time you have a worm coming out your hind end, you are gonna call Yung and his traveling forceps?  ::)
Yea, pretty much ;D That is why I said " I hope it does not happen ;D"

EA

PS. It would be the first time too. ;D ;D

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey rude - thought I saw you today back in Cypress - I was in the red Ranger with a Yama. We fished 2:30 to 6:30 - I caught 21 and friend caught 9. had three that were 18" and culled to 10 keeps. better day than expected with a full moon. All on 6" Zoom pumpkin.

MF

·
Registered
799 Posts
It was good to see you out too Rude. By the way, how fast were you going when you passed me in CC? By the time I was at the mouth of CC you were already passing U-Float-Um, I was impressed!

I ended up doing OK out the I fished the shoreline directly across from CC. Ended up with 6 (4 keepers) and about 8 missed on a swimbait, they seemed to be short striking, or just following it to the boat. All fish CAUGHT were on a shakeyhead baby rattler.

I did see a boat that caught my eye on my way in, not sure who it was but they had a SWEET Champion, black & red with a 300 MERC (thats how it was on the cowling) , I bet that boat will move down the lake. Whoever that was, I really liked your boat.

Sounds like everyone did well out there today, kudos Rude on the rescue doctor tactics!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yuk, it almost looks like that fish was a mule carrying a balloon of some substance and then things went wrong before the delivery was made.

He's lucky you were there to help him though.

Good Job of taking care of our resources.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.