Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at cp and stayed in that area. it was pretty windy upstream. i felt a thump, set the hook and man i just knew i had a lake austin toad. pulling drag, felt heavy.....i foul hooked a gaspergoo. i did manage two keeper blacks on a jig. biggest was around 4 pounds with a nice fat belly. pretty fish, very dark colored. water was clear in the shallow flat ares and stained in the deeper areas. someone left a 2x6 plank to launch from. thank you ! that mud is deep. good luck in the kats tourney saturday!

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Thanks for the report. You are not the first to be fooled by a non-bass hog. Once on fayette, many years ago, I was catching good quality bass 4-6 lbs on DD22, when a ton of bricks hit. Thought lake record for sure. Half hour later, it turned out to be ~20 lb yellow cat. Ate him in revenge.
:D ;D

·
Registered
936 Posts
6D727E6D6E6A766C1F0 said:
Thanks for the report.  You are not the first to be fooled by a non-bass hog.  Once on fayette, many years ago, I was catching good quality bass 4-6 lbs on DD22, when a ton of bricks hit.  Thought lake record for sure.  Half hour later, it turned out to be ~20 lb yellow cat.  Ate him in revenge.
:D ;D
sweet revenge lol! ;)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I fowl hooked a 24" cat in the tail one day as well on Bastrop on my fast action rod. I thought I had a DD bass on the other end. It buried itself in the grass I was fishing and I almost didn't get it up. I was pissed when I finally saw what it was!!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
We fished a tourny on Travis 2yrs ago 5 in the well, 1 141/2", we needed a kicker, the fluke stopped I set the hook drag was slipping here is the kicker NOT 8# stripper. :'( :'(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.