Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend sometimes gets this Blue Apron mail order thing for new recipes. We've been striking out quite a bit but every once in a while a winner comes along!
These things are awesome! If you like Asian food, especially Korean, maybe love Bulgogi, you'll love these!
1 1/4 lbs wings
3 cloves garlic minced
2 TBS soy glaze
2 shakes ginger spice
1/4 tps Gochujang (this stuff is spicy, we cut it way down, so adjust as you like)
1 TBS rice vinegar
1 TBS Sesame oil
Sesame seeds
chopped scallions/green onions

Some chopped jalapenos would probably be good in here too. Didn't try that.

Mix that stuff up in a big bowl while you grill, smoke or bake the wings
pull wings, put in bowl with sauce and toss/shake
put back in oven or regrill to caramelize sauce

There was some bok choy salad with some of the sauce on it. Trust me, you don't want that
EAT LIKE AN ASIAN CAVEMAN!!!

12030441_10204589153838694_2052216292327413468_o.jpg

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We found some pork ribeye roasts at HEB for $1.97lb. I bought a couple of them. I open the vacpack and found there was 2 in each packages, things doubled in size.
I cut them into 3/4- 1 1/4" pork steaks! I looked in the fridge to dig out a bag of wings last night as the portion from Blue Apron wasn't big enough (a LOT of their stuff they call a meal is an Appetizer!) I seen the pork ribeyes and thought "HMMM, that sauce would probably be AWESOME on these!"

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
That looks and sounds delicious.

Just a small suggestion would be to brine the chicken before grilling, baking, whatever.
1 TBSP each of kosher salt and white sugar per one cup of water. Wings you'd want to soak about an hour. If you brine it too long the chicken gets REAL salty.
Can add whole Allspice, few shakes of Slap Your Momma, 5 spice powder, etc to the brine but you don't have to.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried brining yard bird one time prior to smoking
We're just not a fan.
I know most folks are though and don't knock it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts