Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the neighbor and kids out to the lake, figured since the water was warming up we might be able to catch the kids some fish.  Well, the water is not as warm as it was- 57/ 58 degrees in the lower lake where we were.

Kinda windy and overcast the whole time we were out.  Even got a little sprinkle on use before we got off.  I think we were on the water from about 11am to 2:30pm.

I hooked one on a spinner bait then we slowed down and threw the groovy "wacky" Flash/ Senko to catch the rest of the fish.  Nothing really big, just a good pull for the kids!  I think maybe 2 or 3 might have been keepers.  All three kids caught fish, but Joey was the king today.  He caught most of the fish and was taking it pretty serious.  It was fun to see and great to help kids catch fish.  

I was proud of my daughter for letting me help the other kids with their casting and feeling for the fish and reeling up the ones I helped hook.  She has caught a lot of fish in her time, but always wants to catch them when others are catching too!  She was very patient today and really let her friends reel in more than her.

Fishing:

Our first fish:

Fighting one in:

Joey catches another:

Live release:

You know you have to keep a few fish in the livewell for the kids to look at in case you don't catch one every ten minutes or so!   ::)

I think we ended up somewhere around 15 fish. Broke a couple off trying to set the hook good so I could hand the rod off to one of the kids.  And I think we had 3 or 4 come unbuttoned on the way up due to slack line or not enough pressure on the hook set.   :-/

But kids had a great time, hope to do it again when the weather is warmer and sunny!!   8)

· Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was happy to get some fish to bite for them. Sounds like I should have been pitching a jig and throwing the spinner bait a little more. kinda hard with three kids running around the boat with snacks flying everywhere and trying not to tangle all the lines up!

Good fun!

· Registered
1,412 Posts
How old is your son HHJ? I have a 10 yr old and hes good for about an hr if the fish are not biting. If were catching em hes good to go as long as the bite is on.

How long did it take you to clean the boat ninja.LOL
Ill bet the kids had a blast. Can see it on their faces.

Jim ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.