Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the rental concession at Pflugerville had a modified Ascend kayak with a boat seat mounted to it. I thought that I should do the same to my "wet-butt" kayak. I fabbed up some brackets and used a spare Pond Prowler seat.

I took it out for sea trials this morning at the Catch & Release Pond. I was worried about raising the center of gravity and making the yak unstable. In case of a "turtle", I brought one jabroni rig and some Cane Sticks.

I fished from 8 AM to 9AM very stable and very comfortable. I caught two bass on three bites. I loaded out and took the family to the car show in Taylor.
IMG_20191026_140917710_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191026_090437600.jpg

·
Registered
106 Posts
Good job, and glad you understood about the center of gravity issue. Glad you are getting into another method of catching fish, and really glad you got your butt out of the water!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job, and glad you understood about the center of gravity issue. Glad you are getting into another method of catching fish, and really glad you got your butt out of the water!
I think it is still maneuverable enough for river fishing. "Wet-butt" is fine in the summer, but a little uncomfortable in winter clothes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice rigging, J-man! I don't catch any at the C&R when the water has that stained, coffee color. Noticed the upper pond had dried up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts