Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I was hoping to plan a kayak/canoe fishing trip this wknd with a good buddy of mine and wanted to canoe/kayak the pedernales from the pedernales/colorado confluence to the 71 bridge (perhaps a little further? and back).

I haven't been able to find a kayak/canoe rental place that's near enough, however, I know Pace Bend Park is there and so is the Briarcliff Marina, any chance these places rent? I'm going to call, of course, but I figured I'd ask some wizened anglers for advice :D

I guess another scenario might be rent at some place along the drive west (we're coming from the Domain in Austin, so not exactly a far drive!) and tie hypothetical canoe/kayak to the top of my SUV... maybe drive out to Mona's and launch from there instead? I believe Mona's is where Old Ferry Rd dead-ends and they charge something like $5 for day parking, so we could easily head out for hours on a budget....

Thoughts/advice/comments? Let me know!

Thanks in advance, always enjoy reading these forums when the bass bug bites!

- Carlos

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well bah humbug....

And now I will plan a kayaking trip on the san gabriel that feeds into (I believe?) Granger Lake.....

:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Austin:
9705 Burnet Rd #102
Austin, TX 78758
(512) 719-4386

Heck yes ACK is SUPER close! 3 minutes away driving.... :D Thanks for this!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I will rent you a badass yak ,permanently for 500 bucks. I am getting old and too lazy to paddle anymore. I like the idea of , working hard to select ,1,2,3 or 4 on the knob and push my foot down on the pedal. Waalaaa, instant go and hands free.
Seriously I will sell ya one.
I am one of those folks who bought a decent yak but wish I had bought me a Diablo from the get go or a Native.
I am old and half crippled up on one side so sitting all day in a cramped assed little plastic boat plays hell on a shattered femur and spine held together with bubble gum, cordite and surgical steel some Army doctor threw in between I love you emails to his chic back in the land of Starbucks and drive thru food joints. If you want a sweet yak hollar at me. I am sick of the [email protected]$!er in my way every time I wanna hook my trailer up and go fish.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am old and half crippled up on one side so sitting all day in a cramped assed little plastic boat plays hell on a shattered femur and spine held together with bubble gum, cordite and surgical steel some Army doctor threw in between I love you emails to his chic back in the land of Starbucks and drive thru food joints.
:D ! One of the funniest things I've read on this site..... Unfortunately a single-person yak is out of the question for me :/ or I would definitely be interested. I, however, have two dogs (42 lbs each, 1 half-lab, 1 Aussie Shepherd, love those guys :D) that I normally take with me when I go fishing (so I either rent a tandem, or I rent a canoe).....

I've actually been looking into buying a canoe; there's a surprising amount available on craigslist anywhere from the $125 (basically a slab of wood... haha) to the $1200 range (definitely a quite a bit more than I'm looking to spend)... So I think I'll end up settling on something like a $300 canoe that can fit myself and the dogs

·
Registered
733 Posts
You might want to give this kayak rental outfit a call:

The Mobile Kayak Webpage

It's my neighbor's son's business. Their business model is to trailer kayaks to where the customer wants to put in, typically area rivers, and then pick them up where they want to get out. All the customer has to do is show up. I believe they also have a kayak rental concession at Brushy Creek Park, so as slow as they likely are this time of year they may just rent kayaks for you to take and return if that's more what you have in mind, and they're close to the Domain in Wells Branch so maybe y'all could make arrangements for them to drop the kayaks at your place and pick them up there. Just a thought. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts