Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been Living in Texas since 08' but haven't had the chance to go fishing much like we used to up north. I Am from Wisconsin and hubby is from Chicago. We love fishing but finding an actual place so the kiddos can fish and actually catch something has been hard. Anyways just stopping by to say hi!

·
Registered
467 Posts
My kids grew up fishing Lake Pflugerville, Mueller Park, & Ladybird Lake. I am assuming this would be from the bank? All of those places I have suggested have drastically changed since I was introducing them to the world of fishing. Fast forward to today (20ish years later) and I am getting out fished by my son...
I guess I'm a good teacher?

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Travis County parks at Mansfield Dam and Cypress Creek on Lake Travis have good shoreline areas for bank fishing, if that is what you are looking for? Water is warming up enough that the perch are becoming active in the shallower water now. Some small hooks, bobbers and a box of worms should get your young ones a bite at either place. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes actually it would strictly be shore fishing cause we don't have a boat.. Tried Walter E long two days in a row and caught a total of four fish... One tiny tiny cat and three small bass... Been wishing I could catch the kind of cat I used to catch up in Wisconsin.had no luck so far :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last night we tried pflugerville Lake and we caught bass but again not big enough to keep.. But the kids were happy they caught something.. And yeah there is wayyyyyy more shore fishing available over there at pflugerville Lake. Thank you for the tip. I think that's our spot from now on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts