Bass Fishing Forum banner

Just bought a 22 calibur and have a question...

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Triumphx 
#1 ·
Bought a Walther P22 for snakes, varmits, etc around the house. Bought some rat shot for it. I bought the 22 pistol so it wouldn't be so loud in the neighborhood, but it is still PRETTY LOUD! Do they make a quiet rat shot? and what brand do you suggest for the quietest?

#6 ·
It will still give that crack sound. You could buy a silencer for it. I don't know if rat shot will go through silencer. Honestly you could kill all those things around with the new BB/Pellet guns that have the whisper thing on it. Look at FPS. I used to have to get rid of muskrats and snakes at my parents place using only a BB gun.

#7 ·
Rat shot is pretty forgiving. I don't know that I'd trust my aim at a live target with a single slug round from a pistol. :cool: I thought about rat shot for my own problem but living in Briarcliff, my neighbors have a dim view of firearms going off around here. I'm thinking about one of those high-powered pellet rifles myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.