Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dr. James W. Yett, PHD ("Doc") will turn 100 years old on Monday, July 29, 2013. Dr. Yett was Physics and Chemist Professor at the University of Texas in Austin, TX. Amongst the Hi Tech diversity of Austin, he owns the only locally family owned fishing tackle business (Jenson Fishing Tackle) located at 3601 W Parmer Ln. STE 102 Austin, TX. He has operated this store for 50+ years and has been operated like it was in the beginning, no computers, and customer service with a smile and closed on Sundays to recognize the Sabbath day.

In celebration of his 100th birthday, his family will host Doc's 100th birthday at Jenson Fishing Tackle from 11am - 6pm on Saturday, July 27th at Jenson's. There will be hamburgers, hotdogs and all the fixings to go with this celebration, please join us. Below is a web link of a picture of Doc.

http://www.jensonfishingtackle.com/assets/photos/900.JPG

·
Registered
295 Posts
I was in there buying minnows while the news crew was interviewing him he is still got his wits about him. 99 not a 100

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
The first time I meet Doc was in 92 & he looks the same as did then. Delbert was a good guy & funny too, I got Smelly Jelly from him, he now take this home and open in front of your wife, you won't get in trouble that way,is what he said & laughed like hell. Good times, If Delbert or Doc did not have you did not need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts