Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm Ron, I live in Austin and mostly go out on lady bird, decker lake travis. I have a pond prowler and a kayak. I'm pretty new to bass fishing, so am still learning the best spots to go and techniques. Excited that we are coming out of summer here. I have been going to lady bird lately but it's been tough. Do people share good spots here or is that kept mostly a secret? I appreciate all the detailed lake reports very much. Cheers

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome Ron, I think you'll find that most people share where they catch fish, especially on Lady Bird. Look at some reports from there.

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
Howdy Ron, Sounds like we’re birds of a feather so to speak, we are both fishing from Pond Prowler and yak. We differ only in that I rarely fish Travis.

I fish public water exclusively. The lakes I fish get pounded relentlessly by the best sticks in Texas, but I still manage to clumsily catch one or two, usually while I’m picking out a backlash. So I typically avoid the “good spots” and just do my own thing.

Dock talk (or anything posted on the web) should be absolutely taken with a grain of salt. Fisherman are like politicians, you can tell they are lying when their lips are moving. My reports are pure fantasy with a dose of humble brag. I am pretty bad at keeping secrets, occasionally I let the cat out of the bag.

Looking forward to your reports from Travis.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome Ron!
I'm in north austin and am hoping to get into kayaking soon, don't own a boat but have done lots of boat fishing in my life.
Good luck and hope to hear some great reports in the future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Ron. I'm new also and I kayak fish Town Lake primarily. I'm still figuring stuff out but have caught some fish in recent weeks. Feel free to send me a message. Also, I'm happy to meet up on the water. I live close to the lake so I'm usually out every day or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts