Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello austin bass fishing. just wanted to introduce my self. i live in delaware on the east coast. most of my fishing is saltwater either by boat or surf. right now big blues 10-15 lbs are hitting anything you throw at them in our surf on cape henlopen. by my handle you can probably guess that i have mated on a few off shore boats.

i registered on this site because the wife travels to 2-3 conferences a year and i tag along and try to fish at least one day wherever she takes me. so we will be coming to a conference in austin in late june. i'm looking for suggestions on what and where to fish. keep in mind i will have to either meet up with people or hire a guide. i have looked around some and guessing my best bet is to fish for bass. we have ponds here in delaware but a 3-5 lb bass is considered big. so i would say i'm looking to catch that bass of a lifetime while out there.

so everyone bring on the suggestions.
thanks,
Barry

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Some on here are mention how they catch 50+ 3-5lbers all the time...

I catch one 4lber every 6 months. I think I have caught a total of 50 fish in Texas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to the couple guys that sent me pm's. sorry i haven't responded sooner but i just got back from ocracoke island, nc for a surf fishing tournament. we finished 20th out of 72 teams. had a banner couple days before the tournament, as usual. had redfish up to 36" along with a hard time getting a slot to eat as most were over the 27" limit. also some big blues to 34".
njtexan you are so right about their attitude. i will say the bigger ones if you remove all the blood line and flake first then make fish cakes using the recipe on old bay can they are quite tasty. i've had guys that swore they hated blufish eat them and say i was lying they were blufish.
bass72 you better try and hook up with the guys catching all them fish.
thanks again guys looking forwrd to my trip end of june

1 - 6 of 6 Posts