Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had found a website that had what I wanted and then my laptop died. Anyone know of a good light kit for the interior of a boat? I'm looking at flexible 12 volt light strips.
I want to light up rod lockers, storae area and maybe the front deck.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have been looking for UV LEDs for night fishing but did come across the site oznium[dot]com/marine-led-lighting that seems to have what you are looking for. Not really a kit, but should give you a few options...

Sorry, couldn't copy and paste the URL in due to <5 posts...

Good luck! It'd be cool to see some before and after photos...

·
Registered
988 Posts
THose would be cool. I might do it on mine but it would be like polishing a turd. LOL Ok maybe not that bad.. ;)

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive found quite a few on ebay that are fairly cheap. I might buy a few of those and see what I can work out with them first. Just need some wire and a few strategically placed switches.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
http://www.12vledlights.com/catalog.php/12vledlights/ct23338/Accent_Lighting

Check out these guys, they have quite a selection. I bought a bunch of the micro leds for $3 and ran wire  around the boat sticking them on with 3M 2 side tape in the gunnels and the storage compartments. Put one in the battery compartment as well. They need almost no power so a 22 or 24 guage wire on a 2amp fused circuit w/ a switch is all that is necessary.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Dez,
How long have you had them in place and have you had any problems?  I'm looking for a good lighting system for when I fish at night.

Jim

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
I have only recently installed these so I cant speak to their durabilty but the price is right. The initial wiring is the hard part so I figued at that price I'd give them a shot. A buddy of mine has had the same lights on a pontoon boat for about a year, but he doesn't use it in saltwater. I do so we'll see.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Bringing up an old topic here, ...I havent been on the boards in months...

Lance, check out http://bluewaterled.com/. Customer service is remarkable. He has packages available for boats that come with everything you need. I have them on my boat and they have come in handy in the dark. I even installed some on the trailer as well.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have been looking around for 12v led lights and the site D :D :Dez recommended is the best I have seen - waterproof too. Just ordered mine.
Thanks Dez,

MF

·
Registered
111 Posts
Is any color better than the others for avoiding bugs? Yellow maybe?

Anyone know if the lights @12vledlights.com are pretty bright?

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
I use blue in the gunnells and compartments. We have had no bug issues and the light is bright enough to see but won't screw up your night vision. They say amber is the best color if you have bug issues but I don't like the color, makes me look fat...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts