Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure this is the right place to post, as I'm not necessarily looking for a tournament partner. Heck, there may not even be enough people still using this forum for this to be worth the time to post! I'm a non boater, and trying to find more opportunities to get off the bank. I've fished a few of the weeknight tournaments on Travis and Austin, but would love to find someone that has some room in the boat other times.

I have my own tackle, and don't even own more than 5 rods so I won't be loading down the boat with my gear. I don't use any dyes or scents, so no worries about spills. I try to pick up my clipped tag ends and used plastics so I don't leave a mess. I even bring my own water and snacks so that I'm as little of a bother as possible! I won't chat your ear off about religion or politics, but I may ask what you're throwing if you're outfishing me! I will chip in to cover the expenses on the outing, and am happy to bring your favorite snack or beverage.

I'm a functioning adult, I have a job and a retirement account. If I had the means and space, I'd probably have figured out how to buy a boat by now. But until that changes, I'm forced to beg for boat time on the internet.

If anyone is planning to get out some time soon, and is looking for some company, shoot me a message!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi, datkins. I'll show this post to my husband. He's always looking to take folks out who don't have access to a boat. We've got a fairly new 21' Skeeter and fish Georgetown, Bastrop, Travis, etc. He likes the company and fish talk. I hate the heat and end up not fishing too much in the summer with him. I've not posted on this forum in a very long time but subscribe to the email notifications and saw your post there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, datkins. I'll show this post to my husband. He's always looking to take folks out who don't have access to a boat. We've got a fairly new 21' Skeeter and fish Georgetown, Bastrop, Travis, etc. He likes the company and fish talk. I hate the heat and end up not fishing too much in the summer with him. I've not posted on this forum in a very long time but subscribe to the email notifications and saw your post there.
I appreciate that! Sounds a lot like my in-laws. Last time we visited my MiL said that the only thing she needed from me was to fish with her husband so she didn’t have to. We ended up going out about 8 times in the span of 10 days or so!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I appreciate that! Sounds a lot like my in-laws. Last time we visited my MiL said that the only thing she needed from me was to fish with her husband so she didn’t have to. We ended up going out about 8 times in the span of 10 days or so!
Don't get me wrong--I love to fish. I just hate summer. You'll have to fight me for a spot come Fall, Winter, and Spring! :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a Self-chartered Freshwater Fishing Trip Rotation that I'll be happy to add you to. Here is how the Rotations work. There are presently 22 people on the rotation; however, don't let that discourage you. Only five of them have been on trips with me this year. The vast majority don't respond to my "I'm going fishing" emails and just like having their names on a list.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@FCSPrez Sure, I'd be happy to be added to the list! Not necessarily looking to get active in the overall organization though, not sure how crucial that is. But definitely interested in joining people out on the water, and happy to kick in my share of everything for the trip as outlined in the info.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Being a member is not required to participate in FCS events and there is no minimum participation requirement. We do have an Event Hierarchy (pecking order), but that only applies if a member and non-member want a spot. Non-members rarely get bumped by members, except for our more popular events, such as our Coastal Blasts and Casts.

Please send your email address to [email protected]. By so doing, when I send out my "I'm going fishing emails" I'll include you.

Know that hunting is my first love, so I don't go fishing during duck and deer seasons (November thru January).

·
Registered
94 Posts
The reason that we have rotations is we had an issue with our most popular events - when we would send emails out announcing them, people who worked at their computers all day would have an inherent advantage over people who worked away from their computers. People who didn’t work with computers would often arrive home, check their email, and learn that an event they wanted to participate in was already full. The rotations solved that problem and ensured fairness.

Lastly, people who want to participate in our events must sign a lifetime FCS Liability Waiver. The document also states, "and Membership Application," but there is a separate section for those who wish to join. People who just wish to sign the Liability Waiver can easily do so.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I'll PM you for phone number. He's going to fish Decker this weekend, Sunday or Monday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts