Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boys, I'm really hurting that I don't have some money cause this deal is unreal. Sent this lady an email yesterday because I thought it was a misprint. I could only come up with about 1200 right now on the spot, and my credit is shot. This is probably the best deal on a boat you will ever find. Your welcome in advance. :)

This is her email to me with link to pics...

Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my 2004 Triton TR-186 Bass Boat 150 Evinrude Direct Inject. I sell at this price ($2750) because of my divorce settlement,i own this boat and as a woman i don`t need it so i`m trying to get rid of it as soon as possible (that`s why i`m selling it so cheap). Free of any liens or loans. This boat is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services. As I know that my current situation is pretty special I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for me and you to be 100% protected. The final price is $2,750 including shipping and delivery to your home address. Regarding the price, I decided to sell my boat because at this moment I have some financial problems and like you know in these times many peoples confront the financial crisis.

So if you decide to buy this boat or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible.

Here you can find more pictures with the boat: http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/ab329/boat_Triton/
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window).

· Registered
95 Posts
if it seems too good to be true it prob is... i saw a 2009 ranger 20 foot for 6000 and we all know thats not real. same kinda payment methods.. dont get your heart racing, let her scam someone else

· Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris! You wanna go half on it with me, keep it up here in the lot at work? lol

I freaked out when she replied for sure. I'm sure you guys are right, I just need a dang boat! And with my budget, too good to be true is the only hope I got right now. Danget, this just messed up my day. I was considering selling a quick kidney and being on the water by sundown.

· Registered
353 Posts
It is a scam. If they ask you to pay through ebay it is a scam. Go to the site and it is one of those look-alike sites fishing for your info.

Looked into a similar deal on a Tracker a while back for my cousing. They kept saying the boat was in austin or at a shipper in austin. But you can never get them to let you see the boat.

· Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks a bunch guys. I'm sure glad I didn't do something crazy and jump the gun on this. Really do appreciate you guys helping a fellow out, I can't afford to lose that much to a scam but my want (need) for a boat could possibly drive me to act in all sorts of nonsensical ways. In other words, I would fully expect myself to do something stupid and crazy if I thought it would get me a bass boat. So truly, thanks.
Plan on heading to Belton first thing in the morning, still confined to the yak
:mad:

· Registered
730 Posts
A supposedly 6 year old 2004 boat that was supposedly used by her husband but has no registration numbers on the hull and no license plate on the trailer.  Not to mention will only accept payment thru ebay and will "deliver" to your home address...as in sight unseen?  Scam????  Gee, ya think????   Run, don't walk, AWAY. 

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.