Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'all!

Wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I stumbled on this forum when trying to find a local spot to take my kiddos fishing. I'm in the Round Rock area and have 4 kiddos: 5, 3, 2, and an almost 1 yr old. Looking forward to exploring the forum and getting some good info for nice intro spots for the kiddos.

Thanks for having me!

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you're bank fishing go to the Texas Parks and Wildlife site where you'll find a complete list of community lakes and ponds.

·
Super Moderator
2,062 Posts
Round Rock has many good fishing holes. I'll mention just a few.

Along Brushy Creek are some hidden sweet spots that are great for exploring with a kid length hike.

Bright Lake in Old Settlers Park has lots of fish and open banks to spread out and easily keep eyes on the kids.

If you are on the west side of I-35, I highly recommend Round Rock West Park. A beautiful fishing pond and closeby playground should appeal to the whole family.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Watch out for snakes at Brushy Creek.

If you don't mind a drive Moby Dick's private pond near Wyldwood (off of Hwy 71 in South Austin) has a reputation for being kid-friendly. See https://www.mobydickspond.com/.

·
Super Moderator
2,062 Posts
Watch out for snakes...[/url].
This is very true for nearly every fishing spot and especially Round Rock. I had a very close encounter with a rattlesnake at a Round Rock lake shoreline a couple years ago.

Scout for snakes BEFORE sending the kids in!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts