Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone knows if these changes will allow reopening of some of the Lake Travis parks as well as Decker Lake Ramp?

Reactions: J-Hooked

·
Registered
761 Posts
I wish I could say the ones in Travis county would open. But that's not going to happen with the tree huggin, hydrilla killing group we have on the Austin city council. Hopefully I will be proved wrong. God can only hope.they get some common sense.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far, no movement from Travis County. :confused:
Apparently their order expires on the 8th of May, and they will update it then. Hopefully that means opening.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Last Sunday, I was at Bastrop’s North Shore Park. It was packed with only a couple parking spots open in the trailer lot. Face covering compliance was 100% from what I saw.

Today, it wasn’t as crowded as last weekend, but face covering compliance was down to around 50%, with pretty much only boaters complying. Bank anglers and non-anglers weren’t wearing them. I don’t know how LCRA can allow the park to stay open without people obeying the rules.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Travis County ramps still closed as of May 6, Decker website says ramps open at 8:00am so I called City of Austin Parks and they said they open at 7:00am. I'm going to find out.

I sure would like to find an open ramp on Travis... anyone have an idea, even up river would be fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Put in at Jonestown this morning. When I went upcreek toward main river Sandy Creek ramp didn’t have the barrels and tape blocking it anymore.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wait a minute, I didn't know Decker ever closed? Google still says it's open 7AM? I was actually wanting to go to Decker 6:45AM this Friday...bummer!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Decker closed approximately on 4/2 and reopened on 4/30. The city said that too many people were on the lake, but swimming was OK. Imagine that - LCRA closed Bastrop and Fayette (by closing their parks), and many of the ramps on the highland lakes. Guess where those fishermen went - Decker, Somerville, Stillhouse, and Belton.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Okay, I'd really like to have a list of either closed or opened ramps (I guess which ever list is shorter?) So you mean to say Decker ramp IS open? And Bastrop IS closed? Some are were launching north shore of Bastrop as recent as 5/3.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went to Decker Thursday May 7 at 7:00 am like the City says it open. I got one of the last truck/trailer parking spots, the place was packed. Not sure when the gates actually open but it's for sure before 7. There is a kiosk at the entry building to use a credit card to get a dash ticket and it was a $5 fee, not bad.

Seemingly there was a boat on every point and pocket so it was had to get clear water without feeling like you were cutting in on someone. Days like that you just have to do your best and show some grace to each other.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wish I could say the ones in Travis county would open. But that's not going to happen with the tree huggin, hydrilla killing group we have on the Austin city council. Hopefully I will be proved wrong. God can only hope.they get some common sense.
Spot on. Heir Adler isn't going to open up just to show he is in-charge.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts