Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.... I am posting this for Justin to help him, but also for anyone selling anything on Craigslist (CL).

First off... if you want to post the same ad in several towns, you cannot use the same email address. CL will block you. Also, you cannot do anything to "bump" your ad to the top, so if you post on Monday and want to be on the top for the weekend you need to delete the ad and re-post, however, this will require a new email address. CL will allow you to post your ad again after you delete it (in any city) but they have a 3-4 day hold until you can use that email address.

Solution: Go to Hotmail (or other free email providers) and get a butt load of emails. This can be a pain because you will have to check each one for replies. Another solution is to use these "bogus" emails and when filling out the ads in different towns, click on the "do not use email" on your CL ad, but you MUST include an email or phone contact in the CL ad. This allows you not to have to check a ton of different accounts.

Also: Use good pics, if you have not gone to photobucket.com or other free image hosting sites load your pics there. A high dollar item such as a boat or car needs to have good pics to really reach a buyer, esp. one that may be 400 miles away. Just like posting here, use the tags that photobucket will generate to post in your CL ad. It's using HTLM so to have a paragraph break you need to use <P> to seperate paragraphs.
If you know HTML codes you can get really fancy.

Another thing: If you go to eBay to sell, first off it's $40 to post before any options... also they have screwed the sellers because you cannot block zero bidders. I just ran into this issue when selling my boat. I had an $8000 Buy It Now option and some tool that just started his account 1 day before chose that option. Sadly he was a "zero" bidder, meaning no feedback. Of course he did not pay and the dispute resolution takes forever and eBay still charged me all the fees and I have to wait for them to refund me. Something to think about. The only good thing I got was eBay sent me the tool's phone number and I called and left several nasty voicemails of what type of a-hole he was. Made me feel better. ;D

Anyway, I hope this helps all that are seeking to sell. And if you are a buyer, watch out for scams, there are "email farmers" that post bogus ads like a 2006 Skeeter for $7000 with no contact info or location and just an email... they are getting your email (now it's verified) and selling it on the blackmarket for SPAMers to get and send you fun stuff like how to get bigger, or the Prince of some craphole needs your help to cash a $4 million check....

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I would like to add that if you have a history of posting good ads, I think they recognize this and they "open up" your account.

I used to not be able to post multiple ads, but now I can have multiple ads at once with the same account, they just cannot be the same thing.

I know this because I used to have to use multiple email addresses, but over the past few weeks I have posted up to 6 items for sale at once and they all posted fine. Also, I have posted items without waiting.

So, if you post a lot, and do not get flagged, again.. I think they have a way of knowing that and you get more priv's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.