Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine sent me this photo of him with a bass he caught out of his stock tank. I think the tank is at his farm outside of Llano.
He didn't have a way to weigh it, and was curious what I thought it weighed. I told him between 10 & 12 lbs.
What do y'all think?
image1b.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
Judging by angle of shadow, time of day, distance held from the man's body, head to body ratio and geographic information my guess is somewhere between 7.5 - 30lbs.
haha I just read the title to this thread and said to myself, "ohhhh boy. these replies should be fantastic". You did not disappoint sir.

I'm with Matt. That's a 5 pound fish. It has a nice size head but it's pretty thin (that's what she said). I've seen some of those 5 pounders surprise you with a nice belly and your scale reads 7 but not here. It's kinda like Katt Williams says about Chrysler 300's. People buy them because they think they look like a phantom. Ummm yeah until an actual phantom rolls up. Then you realize you're indeed in a Chrysler 300. Still a nice car.

MAKE LAKE AUSTIN GREAT AGAIN
trump-hat.jpg

·
Registered
331 Posts
In all honesty I anticipated a lot of 4-5lb guesses coming in so my 7.5 was to help out the overall average. I place it between 5.25 and 5.75. Wouldn't surprise me if it hit 6 on a scale.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hey if I caught that I would come on ABF and say that fish was a solid 10 :D. Damn all you haters. Seriously though, while it's hard to gauge from just one pic I'd say anywhere between 5-7 lbs. Still a nice fish though.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
haha I just read the title to this thread and said to myself, "ohhhh boy. these replies should be fantastic"...
I thought the same thing! Lots of good fun here.

For the record, Cowabunga! Congratulations to your friend on catching a "big'un"

The big'un in the pic weights 6 pounds 2 ounces. I know this because I watch Jack Link's Major Link Fishing. Whenever the pro swings the fish in the boat I state the weight out loud to my wife. I'm always plus or minus an ounce of the weight that is posted on the "Score-tracker."

So now you know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts