Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people carry when out fishing in the boat? Do you stow the weapon on waterproof box, or actually carry while out there?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't have a concealed carry license. However, if I was going to Falcon I would have a semi auto sporting rifle in one of the front rod lockers with at least 4 standard capacity reloads easily accessible.

For normal bodies of water, I could probably defend myself with a 1/2 oz lipless at a farther distance than I could accurately shoot a handgun. LOL.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
It’s always good to have something handy to dispatch those unruly pelagics who don’t want to stay in the ice chest. My shark shooter is in the co-angler bag in the rear deck compartment. langlowe9’s border pirate rifle is in the rod locker. On our last trip we agreed that a console holstered sawed-off 12 gauge would be perfect for big head carp infested impoundments.
ACE82981-649C-440B-BE4F-B2C5208C5EF3.jpeg

·
Registered
441 Posts
Now I am not sayin I would go heeled out on any body of water. Cause ya know big brother is just itchin to find a reason to request that particular tackle away from our dear friend Jeremy. But if I was so inclined to be counted among those paltry few who own such items I am certain I would always have one on my person....for snakes and such of course. Never know when a gator might attack the yak.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I always have my EDC in my captain's chair or on my person while fishing. It's much better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
xd9 aint light, but it's accurate as heck. gotta hit lonestar range soon. keep thinking about something light. cant beat springfield trigger mechanism.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts