Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moonraker (David) and I left Austin at 3:30pm this Tuesday afternoon, headed to Fayette County to see if the weather change had an effect on bass fishing....

Launched at 5pm. Water temp, cooled down to 85 degrees in main lake. Immediately found 3 to 4lb bass schooling near dam. All over the place. They were scattered schools, but the bigger bass were in middle lake, smaller bass near shoreline. Fished with Berkley power grubs and topwater. David tried the Rocket launcher with limited results. Caught and Released so many bass, lost count. Finished at 7:15pm...Only two other boats in the same area, but 100+ yrds away...Fish were busting 2inch  shad all over the place. Just wished  I would of had a non-fisherman out there to enjoy in the topwater action.

Going to Buchanan in morning to pre-fish for club tournament in another week. Hate to leave such awesome bass fishing on Fayette!

Robert

Winds were out of North at 5mph.
Water temp ranged from 85.4 main lake to 102.3 at discharge. (They were schooling in discharge at 5pm, but we elected to chance schools in open water)

Expenses:

Gas for towing vehicle was 15 gallons or $40.00 (164 miles Round trip from NW Austin)
Gas for boat. Only 5 gallons on older motor.
Beverages/Food: $10 or less, no time to eat or drink with fish on every cast/
Memories: Priceless!

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
October was historically our best month on Fayette in the 80s. Many 80-100 fish days fishing purple fire tail worms on hydrilla covered points. Might have to go back and relive the glory days if I can make time. Anybody got any spare time they can lend me? :-X :-/ :p :D

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Awesome report Robert. I will be heading there soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.