Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were planning to continue the HHJ's style format but move to Lake Trav.

Details are:

Where : Mansfield dam
Time Check in 7:00a to 7:15a
First Cast 7:30a
Check in 12:30p at Mansfield
Cost $ 30 per boat ( $5 included for Big Bass) Just like the LA Classic
$10 side pot for Big Bass ( Optional )

Since we will all be at the same place Check in required. ( Except for HHJ and BAM since they launch at a private ramp)

See you there.

EA

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
I'll be there! John (Chac Mool) and I will be fishing together.

EA, why the change to $10 big bass side pot?

I'm in favor of keeping the $30 entry with $5 going towards big bass. This encourages more folks to fish by keeping a bragging rights tourney and also allows anglers without a backseater to justify fishing a "for fun" tourney.

Were you thinking the $30 entry with $10 big bass side pot would allow for paying more places? May not hurt to outline the place payout for Travis HHJ based on the stated entry and side pot.

-Rich

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Skeet,

Welcome. I have a small white ford SUV and a older Bass Boat. But you can find me tied up to the launch platform.

Once you get in the water, come on over.

EA

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rich,

The reason I would like to change it, is to reward the Big Bass more. Some would say to bring in 5 14'' fish on LT is no big deal. But, to bring in a 4-5- or 6lb IS a big deal.

However, I want the cost to stay low, so it is more of a bragging rights T and you get your gas money back.

Let me talk to HHJ and let him decide.

EA

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rich,

I spoke to HHJ and we will keep it the exact same as the LA Classic.

For those with a bigger budget, you can opt in for the $10 a person big bass pot if you like.

I will have a sheet to mark who is in on the side pot.

So it will be possible to pay 2 big bass pots, unlikely, but possible.
Let me know if you have any questions.

EA

PS. Just to make it clear on pay out. Probably going to only pay 2 places. ( That is unless more that 10 teams show. ) 100% pay out of course.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
EA, thanks for the clarification.  I see your point on rewarding the big fish on Travis.  The additional $10 pot on the side of the standard HHJ tourney rules is a good idea.

I just hope I can bring in the five 14" fish that some say isn't a big deal on Travis ;)  I already spent my big bass karma for the year at Fayette.

Looking forward to Sat.

PS.  By small white SUV, were you referring to how small the other cars around you look when your driving Grave Digger? :)

-Rich

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Actually Rich that big bass karma was spent last year, seeing as how it is now 2007 and all. ;) You should be good to go again, your karma bank might not be built back up again yet though. I guess we will see. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looking forward to seeing everyone out there tomorrow.

Bring your rain gear, and be on time.

Check in will end a 7:15a. First cast at 7:30a

I will be there before 7a and will check you in on arrival.

Good luck,
EA

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
All good, Cabela's cove has plenty of fish to go around. If not for the rain and the shortened format I would head down to White Trash cove as well...my spidey sense is telling me the fish are stacked up in there.

You still meeting me during lunch? If so please remember to bring my gear...I got the tubes.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Grnhead, I haven't had time to work up the data and pics from our recon trip.  I'll probably work on it this weekend.  Send me your notes or take a close up picture of them when you get a chance.

Cabela's Cove,  I like that description... perfect...  See ya in there, uhh... I mean on the water...   ;)

I picked up some P-Line "Halo" that EA recommended and can't wait to try it out.  That's really where my side pot money went... oh well.   :-/

-RH225-

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.