Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Record number of boats and record sack

Here's some pix,  Air can fill in the details

Dale and his Netman / Guide = First Place   over 25lbs

Team Waldrop
23lbs or so and big bass

Ranger R77 with a good pair

Hub with a Toad

I was on the wrong side of the camera this week.  I had three swimmers.  Looks like my fish moved to Dale's livewell   ;D

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Thanks to EA for inviting me. Nice to finally meet some of you, too. I had no idea we would be 3rd, after seeing all those nice bass...Just lucky.

All I can say, I am glad I listen to Alan...  Thank you for sharing your swimbait knowledge, too.

With both my fish over 6lbs, it was actually fun weighing them in... ;D Two on swimbaits and one on Flat A.. ;D

Especially when one was caught within 10 minutes to go in the T. NEVER GIVE UP!

Thanks for the pics....

It brings back memories of good times on LA.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Yep, Thanks Alan for having the cam to record some huge sacks.

Congrats to Dale and Jake! That bag set the new all time biggest bag to be weighed in a ABF LA T!! Quite a sack for 3.5 hrs !!

Do not let all the zeros fool ya, most everyone had fish, but when the first few sacks are 20+ lbs, people saved time by letting theirs go.

It was a good time, and thanks R77 for rolling with me. Was a pleasure to net your fish!  ;D

EA

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Sorry for the late post...got a little carried away at 360.

As mentioned, all the blanks are a little misleading.  It's hard to walk up and weigh in after the second and third sacks weighed are 23+ and 25+ lbs!

Congrats to all the guys in the money.

We set a bunch of new records this evening:

- 29 boats
- Dale and Jake's new record sack at 25.85 lbs
- Hanging out at 360 til 3:30  :p

Thanks Alan for taking the pics...anyone up for fishing Austin again next week instead of Travis?

·
Registered
553 Posts
LAST NIGHT WAS AWESOME. SAW SOME HUGE FISH. I HAVE BEEN TO SIX OF THESE TOURNY'S AND THIS IS THE FIRST I WEIGHED IN ONLY ONE 3.64 POUNDER BUT I HAD TO MAKE IT. THANKS AGAIN RANDY FOR LETTIN ME BACK SEAT AGAIN. HOPEFULLY SOON I WILL MAKE SOME DOE INSTEAD OF LOOSING. 3.64 MY NEW PB ON LAKE AUSTIN ON MY 8TH TRIP OUT.
THANKS AGAIN ABF ;D

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Fob, if we fished next wed at LA would the following week be at LA also? I'd like to fish LA every week if were up to me. Only because its closer to everything, and having a smaller boat/motor I feel I have just as good of a chance getting to the fish as the bigger boats do.

My youngest brother is coming into town in a couple of weeks and he is stoked about coming out.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
My hat goes off to those who brought in enough fish to weigh in at the scales. Those are some nice looking fish.

Man I fished the lake for eight hours and all I was able to muster up were some dinks and one around 18 inches. I saw several big bass hanging around balls of 3 to 4 inch shad out in front of the fat farm while pre-fishing, but I couldn’t for the life of me get them to bite on anything. After picking up my son at the bridge and explaining my pre-fishing experience to him, we made the decision not to enter the T and just do a little father son fishing thing together. But it was a wise decision because we picked up a couple small ones here and there and that was about it.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Our pattern was producing all night long....unfortunately they were all small ones. We were tossing plastics in 7-15 FOW near overhanging trees or laydowns. Fished CP, LA Estates, nearly to Steiner, and then a few docks down by Ski Shores.

Had a little "talk" with a couple of teenage skiers showing off for their girlfriends. A-hole got so close I could have stuck him with my rod. Chased them down, gave them an ass chewing for doing something so stupid. Think I scared the hell out of them. TX 1646 JR white/blue ski boat/pleasure boat

Hanging out under 360 afterwards was a great way to end the evening.

BTW....Ranger.....you afraid of drowning while driving Gravedigger? Didnt even take off your lifejacket. Wish we had a cam ready at the time.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
As great as the fishing was on LA last night, we must stick to the schedule, and will move to LT next week.

Sorry about that, but a lot of guys come out to that one too.

Do not worry LA fishing is great all summer long,, well fall too,,, actually winter is pretty awesome also,,, oh crap the spring is really good..  ;D

EA

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
EA said:
As great as the fishing was on LA last night, we must stick to the schedule, and will move to LT next week.

Sorry about that, but a lot of guys come out to that one too.

Do not worry LA fishing is great all summer long,, well fall too,,, actually winter is pretty awesome also,,, oh crap the spring is really good..  ;D

EA
Edit - This may be the last LT T for this season. We are thinking about it.

Reasons

LT dropping levels

Killing fish by heat stress

LA fishing is much more temp comfortable that LT

Fishing on LT in the summer with falling water gets really tough. 25 lbs bags on LA  compared to 9 - 10 lbs bags on LT :-/

Stay tuned. If the switch happens LA will be every week until the time change!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.