Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be the last HHJ Tournament for 2006. It will be on 12/16/06

Where City Park Boat Launch area. ( Check in / Weight in / and BBQ )
$30.00 ( includes five for Big Bass )
( Optional Big Bass Bonus bucks $10- you must be in to win the Bonus cash )

6:30a First Cast

12:00p Weight in

12:30p BBQ ( Thinking about grilled Halibut sandwiches with cheese,onion, tomato and Gary's Super fish sause )
I scoped out area just to the right of the ramps that has a bunch of tables and at least three grills. Looked good for our Bash.

Airfob said he will be providing a cooler full of Fruit punch and Dr. Pepper for all...Thanks Airfob.

As it gets closer, we will need to roughly know who all is coming. Try to help me out with that.

More details to come as it gets closer.

A feature film will be made of this T, If ya want some airtime, plan to be there.

EA

· Banned
5,438 Posts
Re: HHJ Lake Austin Classic Championship and BBQ 1

Let me know what you need me to bring...I am game.

Who is fishing with who? EA are you and Andy going to fish together?

If so I may have an open back seat... 8)

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Grnhead,

Since Gary will be rolling to this one, he will mostly likey fish with me. Fob knows all the good spots, so you will want him with you.  ;D

EA

Fish-less Charcoal will be great thanks.

· Registered
3,573 Posts

Terry, I definitely know all the spots...the spots that hold no fish :p

Mmmm, nothing like halibut sandwiches and some OE. I might even throw in some Mad Dog and Schlitz to add a little variety to the cooler.

Looking forward to it guys.

· Registered
5,334 Posts

Anyone with a back seat open let me know, my offer to split costs still stands. I might even throw in a few brewskies of your choice to sweaten the deal. ;D

· Administrator
1,528 Posts

Kent and I are in.....i'm going to spend this weekend looking for all the fish i missed in the FOM.

Think it would be a good forum to discuss the HHJ World Tour. It would be cool to get a dozen guys or so and make a roadtrip to Bacarac or Guerrero. I saw on a Bacarac website that they are running a sept special, when their lodge opens. $795 for 4 days and 3 nights. Guides, boats, and all the food and drinks. Does not include airfare or tips. You can arrange to fly into the lake, and not do the 4 hour bus trip.

I go to Guerrero each year in March with a group. We fly to Harlingen, can get on the van provided by Big Bass Lodge. From the moment you get the van, everything is covered, except the bribes / gratuties on the way down.

If we'd want to go serious, I know a guy who owns part of a Peacock Bass outfitter/expeditions in Venezula.

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Alan,

I am so down with that... Been looking at El Salto for quite awhile and also the Peacock trips in the Amazon.

It would be great to tear it up with friends from ABS. Ohhh. the vid we could make.

Pick a date and get the ball rollin'

Looked at the web site for 5 seconds. I am in.

EA

· Registered
5,334 Posts

Ok, after looking and looking at that website and reading the fishing reports I think I am going to go throw up now! :-[ It will be a long while before I am able to afford a trip like that but it will happen. ;)

· Banned
1,633 Posts

That trip would a blast. I could possible go, count me semi-in.

But back to the HHJ Classic Championship Final this weekend.
Lets start getting a rough headcount and organizing for the BBQ. Maybe every who isn't already bringing a food item can bring side items or drinks (potluck style)

EA, I'll bring various chips if no has claimed that. I may or may not have a back seater but count me down for 2 people just in case.

Tightlines,

-RH2-

· Registered
5,334 Posts

I will attend the BBQ even if I can't find a backseat. I will be glad to bring some food out too. Rude, let me know if you end up with an empty backseat next weekend. Anyway the BBQ will be a blast for all I'm sure. :)

· Banned
5,438 Posts

We talked about this at decker and seems like we will have plenty of grills and halibut.

I don't know if they are gas or charcoal, but EA def needs a headcount if you are going to eat.

I will bring paper plates, cups, napkins and plastic utensils as well as trash sacks for cleanup...

I will also bring the usual cooler of drinks (soft drinks, water, etc) and probably an 18 pack of budlight for whoever wants to enjoy a few beers with me... ;D

· Registered
3,573 Posts

Sorry guys, I am out on this one. Gotta head back to Houston again this weekend.

Terry, it will be hard to find a backseater that is as skilled and accomplished as I am in the art of drinking...better start interviewing now.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.