Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We had 20 teams come out tonight, thought it would be a tough night with the winds but there were some very solid fish and sacks brought in!

Rich and Yung took home first and big bass with an amazing 22.4 lbs and a 10.78 lb kicker!

Barry and Peyton also brought in a very nice sack and took second with 20+ lbs, these guys have been on a roll!

Congrats to Lance and Jim in third with another great sack and a solid 6.48 lb kicker. The Waldrops finished just out of the money and took home a Geneva/Kinami/Yamamoto tackle pack.

Thanks to all that showed. There were several cameras used to take the fish pics so they will be posted once we get them organized...some good pics to follow!

· Banned
1,633 Posts

1st Place:  Team Rude-518

2nd Place:  Team Barry and Peyton

3rd Place: Team Lance and Jim (basstracker and bassfantastic)

A RudeFish for the record books, my new PB (10.78 lbs)(length=24.25inches) (Girth=18 inches)

The Release

Swimmy's Mom with some nice fish.

Another nice fish

Hanging with the crew

· Banned
1,633 Posts
Thanks to EA and Fob for putting on a great Wednesday nighter!  Special thanks to Rich (518svx) for letting me be co-angler for a day and getting us on some fish and "the big fish".  

This is the first 2008 Wednesday Nighter I have been able to make it to and I must say;  I'm quite please with the results...

The Story...
We got on a rock and dock bite right from the beginning and managed to put 3 keepers in the boat fairly quickly.  Rich had to re-tie a line so I took command of the trolling motor and kept us tracking along to the next set of docks.  As soon as we rounded the corner of a boat barn I placed a Tx-rig Rattlesnake right in the back corner pocket where the dock met a brick retaining wall.  I let the worm sit for a few seconds and gave it 2 hops in the typical Tx-rig fashion.   Thats when I felt 2 taps and set the hook.  Game on.....  

At first I thought the fish was going to be a nice 4 or 5 pounder but when it surfaced and did a belly flop I knew it was going to be much more.  I told Rich that it's a nice fish.   He also caught a glimpse of it and was getting in position for the assist.  The fish swam at a constant depth about 8 feet down but didn't really try to dive too deep.  I worked it to the surface but it wasn't ready to give up.  So one more belly flop and a straight dive to the bottom it went.   A few seconds later I pumped it back up to the surface and Rich scooped it up with the net.  It was then that we the realization hit that we'd just landed a Pig.  The X-scales read 10lbs 12oz.   My first double digit.  Yesssss, it's a PB too.  And during a tournament.  What more could I ask for as far as fishing goes?  Well, we put it in the livewell and the rest as they say is history.  Scratched out a couple more keepers to cull out a smaller fish and finish off our limit of fish.

· Banned
1,010 Posts
Thanks guys on the congrats! Rude and I had a great night on the water. It's always nice when your strategy produces early and allows you to settle in on a pattern. That doesn't happen too often on LA...at least for us! Rude landed the 10+lber like a pro. I'm totally pumped for him! Your welcome to land your new PB during a T anytime in my boat, Rude! ;D

Thanks again to EA and Airfob for a well run HHJ tourney. It was great seeing many familiar faces out there again. There were a lot of nice sacks brought to the scales with 5+lb kickers! Good times...

-Rich

· Banned
1,633 Posts
Thanks a bunch everyone.  It's certainly fun catching a toad now and then and especially during a tournament.  

I wonder if it was good Karma for helping out those fish in Lake Travis last weekend (animal ER)?   ;) ;)  8)

But seriously.  Personally I think that its just time on the water, learning, and growing more as an angler is the key.  Lake Austin has been really good to me in the past 3 years.  Check out my PB history and the connection it has with LA.

Rude records:
7.43 lb LMB, 11:45 am, Sat. 02DEC06 (Lake Austin) (FOM Open Tournament)
9 lb 7oz LMB, 11:15 am, Sat. 21APR07 (Lake Austin) (HHJ Tournament)
10.78 lb LMB, 7:45 pm, Wed. 24APR08 (Lake Austin) (HHJ Tournament)

· Banned
1,780 Posts
Congrats Rude and a great T guys!

Derrell and I struggled after they stopped releasing water but we then managed to get on some solid fish towards the end, but it was too late.

Still had fun and enjoyed the night out!

Congrats to those who finished in the $$

kp

· Registered
5,006 Posts
I gotta get with the picture program, last time I had my eyes closed for the pics, this time my fly is open. Good god, how hard can it be? Actually if I remember right, I was taking care of business and had my bait in the water, and you know how the story goes. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a blast last night, congrats to Rude on the monster fish, I was thinking Jim had a shot at big bass until Barry came up, then Rude topped that one.

It was a great time, finally got to meet most of you guys. Cant wait for the next one.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.