Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here is the deal. D.A. as everyone should know by now qualified for the Elite series. word is he is going for it. also hear that he is having hard time finding sponsors. Dean is a great guy and 1 heck of a fisherman and i find it hard to beliieve that nobody has stepped up to the plate to help him out. I am a poor man and cant help much financially but anything i can do Dean I will do. maybe a binafit tourney or even a donation drive by you guys on this site. this site also ha some inside on some sponsors, come on and step up.
It is just about everyone on this sites dream to do what Dean has qualified to do, Lets help him, he would do it for you. If anyone has an ideas on how to help please post it. Dean is not a hard guy to find, anybody in a position to help him financially please do so, and i know there is some of you on this site that can, skip just one or two of those trips to the pink monkey and throw that cash Deans way. Yes, he is not very good looking but he wont leave you with empty pockets and blue balls.

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
Bobo, you always have a way with words, I still miss whoopin' up on you on decker.

Anyways, ABF stands behind Dean.  Let us know if we can help and we wish the best.  

PM or call if you have a specific plan or idea.

In the meantime I will be at the pink monkey.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
T dub I miss u too :-*. I havent been fishing in 5 months, have had to have 4 lithrotripsy procedures on my kedneys but i am done now and ready to get back out there after christmas. I know u can imagine how much i am chomping at the bit to get back on the water knowing I usually fish 3 or 4 times a week. Anyways, thanks for the responce. Yes it does seem as though I piss people off everytime I speak but this time i am just trying to help a good guy out. You guys have the know how and the resources to pull this off so I came to you, with total respect and admiration ;), for help. A binifit tourney would be the best way to start and no one in town would be better for this than you. I will do anything i can to help you with this just let me know. Also, If anybody reading this has a idea on how to help or has a inside on possible sponcers please post it or contact Dean. Thank You and Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
It is pretty difficult for most of the guys fishing the Elite Series to find sponsors right now, so I imagine that a new Elite Series recruit is going to have an even harder time finding them. Just guessing that's what Bronzeback meant when he said that he didn't find it hard to believe.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Benefit poker tourney will work, you can raise some quick cash doing this.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
good ideas, lets keep them coming. Bronzeback, i respect your oppinion but I have known dean a long time and have never had a bad experience or witnessed him bad mouth anyone. we all have our own goals but face it we arent making them happen like he is. you sure it isnt just bitterness from him wooping you on the water so much? thank you all for the Ideas, if you have an inside on DELL please help Dean get in contact. I am in on that poker game, lets do it and a fishing tourney also. season starts soon so we need to get on the ball. Good fishing and Merry Christmas all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
LAST WORDS ABOUT TRNY FOR DEAN BOO. I HAVE KNOWN HIM BEFORE HIS BLACK NITRO DAYS. AS FAR AS THE WOOPIN GOES HA HA! JUST LET IT GO BOUT ME DUDE! HE RESPECTS ME AS I DO HIM!  WE HAVE HAD OUR DAYS OF OUNCES! I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM MAKE IT LIKE KEITH COMBS TO THE CLASSIC!  I WAS TOLD ONE TIME AT THE MEGEA BUCKS TRNY ON CHAMBERS THAT SPONSERS DONT WIN TOURNAMENTS! YOU WIN THEM! THIS HAS TO BE MORE THAN JUST A POKER GAME EVERY MONTH FOR HIM.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Why don't you 2 quit bickering back and forth and figure out whos house we'll be playing at and when? Those are some great ideas but I don't see anyone stepping up to make it happen.

I hope Dean succeeds, I'd love to be in his shoes living my dream.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Many pros are having issues with BASS and PAA - good ol boys club. Makes it very tough for rookies to get the endemic sponsors dollars currently available- 35K-50K entry fees is a big ticket.
I definitely support Dean in the venture.  He needs to get his resume out to people ASAP. It’s tough to get cash these days but saving money on gear and tackle will help. Do you have a travel partner, this help offset the cost of lodging and gas. Dean knows all this, he is a pro.
Dean call me I have a few contacts that you might be able to reach out to. Get registered and hit the top 10 or hey win one - that will help.
Anglers get sponsors by how they handle them self and promote the product and industry. Winning helps but not everything. You gotta be willing to be seen, and work for the sponsors. (It’s a job outside of the tournaments)  

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for thinking of me guys, It is tough on the sponsor prospects. I am working on more each day, and any help is greatly appriciated. I made my first 8,000 payment to BASS and have 5 more to go. I will respond to PMs and will be getting back soon with some new info. Thanks for the ideas i'm open to all of them and will help as much as I can. We will get something working toward a date and type of fundraiser. Thanks again, Dean

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know Dean personally but more so as a competitor. I have fished against him many times under different tournament formats. He is a hell of a fisherman and has always seemed to represent himself well at the tournaments. I hope he finds the sponsors he needs so he can focus on fishing and not worry about money. I wish him the best of luck and will be rooting for him as well as Combs and Schuff.

As far as ideas to raise money for him. Tournaments and poker in my opinion aren't going to cut it. I did a benefit raffle a couple of years back that raised a large sum of money. If you can get the right merchandise you can raise some money. if someone wants to do that I will donate a day trip on Choke for 2 people as a raffle item. If someone wants to take that on it's a lot of work but can reap large benefits.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
This is an exciting opportunity for Dean, and a lot of money obviously. But there are some good leads that are being worked right now.

We have a really cool thing coming up in the month of January that will help Dean a lot hopefully, and provide a great benefit and some fun to you guys as well. It involves Andy's new venture, and we'll be making an announcement in the next day or so.

Stay tuned guys.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
now we got the ball rolling. thank you everyone for the input. Derick since you have experience with a raffle, I will be your assistant, you tell me what to do and i will get it done. One thing thou guys, I dont know Keith Combs very well(I do root for him)but one thing I do know is he isnt hurting for money, I remember envying him when he was just a kid and running a 50G Ranger and pulling it with a 60G Hummer. Pardon the pun, but he is in a different boat than Dean is in. Oh I am giddy with excitement and anticipation for the big :-Xsurprise, dont keep us waiting to long. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't know Dean nor have I ever met him, but i love it when someone goes after his/her dream! I'm rooting for you all the way Dean and if I can help out somehow just let me know what I can do. Being fairly new to this part of the country I don't have a lot of contacts down this way but if I can help out with any type of fund raising help please let me know. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
#1 and most important thing in doing a successful raffle is to get items to raffle that people want. The better the items the more you can get per ticket. So if you wanna do this get busy and round up donated items or trips that someone wants.

#2 this needs to be strickly not profit to you and dean. Tell you how to deal with that when time comes.

#3 print tickets

#4 sell tickets. And advertise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.