Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ABF! Planning to head to Fayette this weekend. Any tips, info, or bait recommendations would be VERY appreciated. I'm a rookie on that lake and could use all the help I can get. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Havent been there in some time but I do have a tip. Check the wind predictions, then add at least 10mph to that and thats the wind speed you can expect on fayette. If its your first time out there and its windy, be careful!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mjv80, appreciated advice.

Havent been there in some time but I do have a tip. Check the wind predictions, then add at least 10mph to that and thats the wind speed you can expect on fayette. If its your first time out there and its windy, be careful!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Went there last Friday and mjv80 is spot on about the wind. Caught nothing and only saw two unders caught on worms in the first cove by park Prairie ramp. Felt like the dam ocean out there; 3 foot whitecaps. The outlet by the power plant was packed but unless you were actual up in it you couldn't hold with all the wind. Miserable there when it blows that hard.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
If the discharge is full of boats, hit the **** to the left of it and the point to the right of the discharge. Careful though, that point gets shallow, and work around that point. If the wind is beatin on the point, start shallow and work out. That next little cove is good also, its a community hole but it has plenty of deep grass and humps in it... And of course 3 fingers should spit out some 3-5 pounders... Good luck and don't tell my Giddings buddies I said all this... Those ******** will hang this mexican!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Friend was there this Monday for a small tournament and he caught 13 in his boat, mostly on shallow diving crank baits (Sexy Shad color) and Firetiger DD22s down by the riprap. Hope this helps! But, they had NO wind which is almost NEVER on Fayette.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Zdawg! I'll keep it on the down-low, don't want any lynchings of a fellow ABF ;)

If the discharge is full of boats, hit the **** to the left of it and the point to the right of the discharge. Careful though, that point gets shallow, and work around that point. If the wind is beatin on the point, start shallow and work out. That next little cove is good also, its a community hole but it has plenty of deep grass and humps in it... And of course 3 fingers should spit out some 3-5 pounders... Good luck and don't tell my Giddings buddies I said all this... Those ******** will hang this mexican!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ghphotography! Looks like I need to make a pitstop and pick up a few DD22s.

Friend was there this Monday for a small tournament and he caught 13 in his boat, mostly on shallow diving crank baits (Sexy Shad color) and Firetiger DD22s down by the riprap. Hope this helps! But, they had NO wind which is almost NEVER on Fayette.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Had a trip on Tuesday since Lake Austin was off limits we went to Fayette . Launched about 7:30 into heavy fog stayed close to the launch and caught one on a Carolina rig . About nine we went over to the Main Lake Cove caught about five in there . We started with active baits spinnerbaits and cranks , with no results . Then went to the C rig and a Texas rig using Grande Bass Rattlesnakes in Trophy Hunter and the new color El Jeffe for the rest of the day . We fished about ten spots and by 2:30 only had 15 fish . Then from 2:30 to 3:45 we put 25 to 30 more in the boat . All caught on Rattlesnakes 12 to 5 ft of water in timber very tight to cover . Spawning . Fun day , water temps 67 , afternoon bite due to the full moon . Good Luck DG

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks D Gordon! Much appreciated.

Had a trip on Tuesday since Lake Austin was off limits we went to Fayette . Launched about 7:30 into heavy fog stayed close to the launch and caught one on a Carolina rig . About nine we went over to the Main Lake Cove caught about five in there . We started with active baits spinnerbaits and cranks , with no results . Then went to the C rig and a Texas rig using Grande Bass Rattlesnakes in Trophy Hunter and the new color El Jeffe for the rest of the day . We fished about ten spots and by 2:30 only had 15 fish . Then from 2:30 to 3:45 we put 25 to 30 more in the boat . All caught on Rattlesnakes 12 to 5 ft of water in timber very tight to cover . Spawning . Fun day , water temps 67 , afternoon bite due to the full moon . Good Luck DG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts