Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
What's a good ramp to use to get up that way? Pace bend or Narrows closest I was seeing but I thought there used to be one down Old Ferry rd somewhere maybe?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stephen - I am not sure the ramp at Old Ferry is still open to the public. I know there are several private ramps along the river but Pace Bend is probably your best bet unless you have connections to anyone with access to those private ramps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just an update for anyone in the area - tried Riemers Ranch on Saturday ahead of the storm. The wind made for some tough fishing conditions but we were able to land 17 white bass. We also caught 3 crappie and 4 black bass in the process. Minnows works best for the kids but we also caught fish on gold spoons and small white plastic grubs. Good luck out there

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good to hear that Reimers is producing some fish. I trolled last weekend from the Narrows up to Double Horn with cranks, and caught one white bass. We then fished Double Horn and caught one more white bass. Caught plenty of LMBs, but the whites were pretty finicky. Be careful headed upriver from Double Horn, as it gets pretty skinny further up.

IMG_7957(2).jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where in Reimers ranch do you catch the whites? I’ve fished up and down it the past few years around this time and have had no luck. Is it possible to catch from the bank?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts