Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks fishytx for one of my best fishing trips ever!! Well I had a little trouble finding lake fayette,but it was worth the frustration!! Hit the water at about 6:30......after about 30 min of topwater training by fishytx we started laying into them!! I have never caught anything off top water before this day!Wow!! Amazing!!!I have never seen so many fish pulled out of one hole!! Well I broke my new skeet reese tring to lift this 5lber into the boat after watching fishytx slinging'em in the boat like crazy!! Note to self.... dont grab to high on your rod!!!!

NO MORE SKEET REESE!

HERES THE RESULT!

FISHYTX 1ST FISH

FISHYTX 2ND FISH

3RD

4TH

What a awsome trip!!
MY WRIST STILL HURTS!!

prob caught close to 40 LMB!

· Registered
1,412 Posts
Ouch :'(

Nitro lance snapped his skeet yellow rod also, really thinking twice about getting one.

You must like waterdogs ;D ;D

Here I was thinking you were A topwater guru.

Doug knows fayette an is a helluva stick for sure, sounds like you all had a blast :cool:

Jim

· Registered
118 Posts
Gloomis has the same warranty. Do a tigerwoods across the knee or a Bill Dance blooper on one and all you owe is the shipping.

My rod box door took some wind one day and closed rather abruptly on one of my rods and I got a new rod...no questions asked.

· Registered
2,330 Posts
I broke 3 allstar wr1's in one yr, they made them good. All 3 broke about 6in from the tip and all on dinks.

· Registered
2,541 Posts
You snapped way more shots of me than what I knew about? I was a little surprised to see that many shots. I thought you only took one snap shot and that's it.

I’m going again tonight and I think we are going to be on some fish. Why do I think this? Because I’m the boat driver tonight. Hehehe…

· Registered
144 Posts
Recently had Loomis send me 3 replacement rods. I had broken them, over the past few years. It just took me a while to make the call, and pay the $50 per rod, to get them fixed. So, yes. It has hapened to me.

At least you did it, while catching a fish!

· Registered
1,176 Posts
I had a bass pro shop rod get slammed in the door and took it back three time and got up graded ones and last week went to get another and I almost got a Skeet but I went with the Vortex from Abu Gracia used on the Tue niter and didn't catch anything with it but guess what it looks good ha ha

· Registered
989 Posts
Cant blame the rod really. If you grab any rod too high with a decent fish on it can break. I own a bunch of them and no issues at all with them and will continue to buy them until I dont have room for more on the boat.

Nice fish too. :)

· Registered
989 Posts
THe only issue I have had now is the cork on the end of the rod handle broke off today. I tend to hold it with my hand when casting for added torgue. It didnt like that. But the rod is still fine. Cabelas here I come. :)

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea i got mine at cabelas too.......they will give me another one but, it cost me 20 dollars in gas to get back down there.........and i always spend more money....or buy another rod too!!! Its a consperiousy!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.